[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR - 22 Three of a Kind All-in @ Flop

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $1.16 (23.2 bb)
      MP3: $5.24 (104.8 bb)
      CO: $3.86 (77.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.98 (99.6 bb)
      SB: $3.15 (63 bb)
      BB: $8.09 (161.8 bb)
      UTG+1: $5.14 (102.8 bb)
      UTG+2: $6.76 (135.2 bb)
      MP1: $4.85 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2 2
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.15, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, CO folds, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.67) Q 2 5 (4 players)
      UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.32, Hero raises to $0.64, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $5.09, Hero calls $4.19 and is all-in

Turn: ($10.33) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($10.33) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.33 pot ($0.56 rake)
      Final Board: Q 2 5 8 6
      MP2 mucked and lost (-$0.15 net)
      MP3 showed 5 5 and won $9.77 ($4.79 net)
      Hero mucked 2 2 and lost (-$4.98 net)
      UTG+2 mucked and lost (-$0.15 net)

Information on MP3 is on a sample of 52 hands (yeah not many), image = tight.

My intention with the minimum re-raise on the Flop was to induce a bluff or a TP to re-raise me as much as possible (or a flush draw) or give odds to a flush draw to remain in game without scaring him out.

Thoughts?

If I didn't have the tight read on him I wouldn't even have posted it, considering it a nice situation for me to be in.
      Am I wrong?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      or give odds to a flush draw to remain in game without scaring him out
      what if it hits? FML? :f_biggrin:

it feels that whenever i take a slowplaying line a nut bad card hits on the next street as a way of slapping me on the face "DON'T DO IT" :f_biggrin: (selective memory i know)
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Min raising is bad IMO, if he will call a min raise he will call a raise. Still, all the cool kids seem to be doing it now so whatever. Anyway you got it all in OTF which is your goal here, set over set is a cooler.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      or give odds to a flush draw to remain in game without scaring him out
      what if it hits? FML? :f_biggrin:

it feels that whenever i take a slowplaying line a nut bad card hits on the next street as a way of slapping me on the face "DON'T DO IT" :f_biggrin: (selective memory i know)
      I would call it an average between slowplay and not; it was an attempt to get value anyway instead of making hir escape or hope that he has already a Two-Pair. Maybe to confuse him too and make him realize too late (when he already invested too much money) that I have a monster.
      Apparently in these micro limits it's very common not to give credit and bluff a lot on min-raises, but fold everything but nuts against a proper 3 bet.
      I'm pretty sure I had another reason to do that min-raise but I don't recall now (which probably means that I shouldn't have done it lol)

Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      Min raising is bad IMO, if he will call a min raise he will call a raise.
      In my experience on these micro limits that's not quite true, as I explained few lines up. People are curious and don't understand sizes, usually they just look something like "that doesn't seem too expensive, let's see what's on the turn!". Even when they don't have anything that can improve. Not because I'm a cool kid xD (usually those ones who min-raise it's 'cos they don't even know how to type in the size and press the button "raise") [on these micro limits].

So far I'm still really uncertain on this, I'd love some insight from Veriz or some other pros <3
      In case I normally 3betted 3x his bet on the flop, should I have folded against a tight player in this spot (in case he shoves obviously)?
      I believe that's actually my real question with this thread:
      do I want to go all-in here on the flop in any case against any opponent (without obvious stats ofc)?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Induce bluff on the flop? He is never-ever going to bluff vs you mate. :) So make a normal raise and protect your hand.

Best Regards.