How much money to hire a coach

• 6 replies
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Here you can find a list of coaches at Pokerstrategy and their price: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/coaches/
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      it depends on what limits you play and what he plays as he will price it based on his hourly poker win rate

if you want coaching at micros you can get a winning nl50 reg for around $50 an hour i guess
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, hvard92,
      If you click on the "Coaching" and then on the "Our Coaches" link, you will find a list of all of the PokerStrategy.com coaches.

Here is the link:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/coaches/

Read the write-ups on each coach, and select the coach that is most appropriate to the game and level that you play.

Then go to the "Community" link and add the coach as a friend, from there, you can discuss specific arrangements.

However, my I suggest another route?
      Take the Beginner's NL Course.

The coaches in the course are great.
      More importantly, you can read and review the hand histories of other members, then add them as friends, and work together with them if you like.

Until you do either one, make sure you post your troublesome hands in the hand evaluation forums.

Whichever way you go,
      GOOD LUCK!
      --vs
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Thanks alot. One more thing i'm wondering about. When i click on "coaching" and then i see different coaching sessions on different days. But how does this works exactly? Is it just talking on the forum with the coaches or what is it?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      If you look at the coaching schedule then click the checkboxes for
      • Basic only
      • NL
      • SNG's/Tourneys
      • English

You will see that there are 3 sessions Sunday and One Monday.

When the time arrives for the coaching session to run, a green button will appear in the schedule.
      You click the green button, and a separate window opens. It is essentially a multi-way chat session amongst all the participants -- including the coach of course.
      In addition, the coach will provide a link to a website where you can watch him play, and listen to him discuss his play.

Above the coaching schedule, it a link that takes you to a full explanation.

I've copied the link here:
      Go to the guide on how to visit a coaching session

Good luck,
      --VS
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Nice. Ok great. Thanks again.