[NL2-NL10] FR10 ZOOM 88 massive multiway bottom set

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      sometimes the nit in me tries to makes me fold these hands.
      what do you think?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $12.35
      SB: $6.62
      BB: $11.45
      UTG: $10.41
      UTG+1: $4.43
      UTG+2: $8.13
      MP: $10.00
      MP+1: $10.00
      Hero (CO): $17.45

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.40, fold, MP+1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($2.05, 5 players) K:diamond: 8:spade: 9:club:
      BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP+1 bets $1.56, Hero calls $1.56 (raises to...?), fold, fold, fold

Turn: ($5.17, 2 players) T:diamond:
      MP+1 bets $2.96, Hero...?

[P] EP Raising Range {AKo} (1)
      [P] Isolate limpers range {KJo} (1)
      [P] BU Raising Range {KJo} (1)
      [P] Called any raise {44} (1)
      [P] Called 3Bets in position {AKo} (1)
      [F] Called flop cbet with weak hand - no draw (1)

i very much doubt that massive flop stab is 76s or TT or QJs so i'm not actually worried about this T card.
      the question is, which hands are we going to see here (aka "what is his range")? how to continue accordingly?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Flop: Most likely I'd be towards protecting my hand here, too many draws around and we don't want to give good odds for them to Call.

As played
      Turn: Raising of course wouldn't make sense anymore, we are just isolating vs strong hands only and don't even let him keep weaker range. The question is now if we continue here or not? As long I assume he has still Kx hands in his range I'd Call and reevaluate the river.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i (legitimately) timebank overshoved :facepalm:

my thought process was, his range is something like AKs, 89s, 99, maybe some KQs. if he's any good when i shove he SNAP folds AKs, KQs... folds 89s after some little thought, and calls only 99. so.. ZOMGtimeover, this is getting drawy, i shove anyway ?(

ofc he called :f_cry: but still something interesting

thankfully the "he's any good" premise was false :f_biggrin: he took some 5 seconds and called with... AKo :f_eek:
      with 100% equity i managed to take down the pot. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i (legitimately) timebank overshoved :facepalm:

my thought process was, his range is something like AKs, 89s, 99, maybe some KQs. if he's any good when i shove he SNAP folds AKs, KQs... folds 89s after some little thought, and calls only 99. so.. ZOMGtimeover, this is getting drawy, i shove anyway ?(

ofc he called :f_cry: but still something interesting

thankfully the "he's any good" premise was false :f_biggrin: he took some 5 seconds and called with... AKo :f_eek:
      with 100% equity i managed to take down the pot. :f_biggrin:
      This hand is more likely to pay you on the river where you can easily shove as well if he Checks into you which usually will be a sign of weakness.