Is portugal solid choice for grind during summer?

• 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      hey, First off i apologize if this isnt posted in right area of forum.
      Anyway i am interested in going to portugal in summer.
      I am atm nl50 zoom player, looking to move to nl100 soon if things go good.
      Is online poker allowed there (can i play on pokerstars normally) ?
      How big are the rents, i am only interested at some beach areas, doesnt matter if whole apartment or just a room with other places shared, i only need good enough internet connection :D
      I assume people speak solid english in tourist areas when i go to shop etc?
      And lastly how good is the weather there, does it rain alot?

Thx alot for any answers!
  • 4 replies
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1wayman
      Is online poker allowed there (can i play on pokerstars normally) ?

Yes

How big are the rents, i am only interested at some beach areas, doesnt matter if whole apartment or just a room with other places shared, i only need good enough internet connection :D

depends, but if u want to go to Algarve or something along the coast you'll pay a little more (summer, high season).

I assume people speak solid english in tourist areas when i go to shop etc?

Yap, I think you will not have many problems of communication.

And lastly how good is the weather there, does it rain alot?
      Good. are arriving good temperature. but as the worldwide climate as, I think is normal 38º one day, rain on the following day, and another 38º xD

I advise you to post in pt.pokerstrategy.com for more accurate answer
      Enjoy Portugal and sry my english
      gl
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Rent's more expensive during the summer, but I spent a summer at a villa there two years ago shared with 4 people and it was not so bad, weather is great and views and beaches are amazing (I went to Lagos in South West) I have some photos I'll try to post (if I remember) for you. Best of luck with it all if I forget.
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Is there any sites (reliable) where you can check out rental places?
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Thx for infos, i am thinking either portugal beaches or Parnu in Estonia where i have already been, but really hard to find a place in Parnu atm i guess :(