[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] JJ flat?

    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Joined: 17.02.2011 Posts: 337
      I think I didn't play this hand very well...

      Pre flop I don't want to 3bet him since he's in UTG and plays 22/5 so far (37 hands). I don't think there are many weaker hands that will call my 3bet. Also I have 100bb.

      SB also calls an he's a 80/7 in 45 hands.

      On the flop I see an overcard and he cbets. I have no "cbet" stats on him yet. Is it possible I'm still ahead on this flop when he cbets against 2 opponents?

      Turn and river I just check behind and hope to win. If he bets again I'll fold.

      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      888
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG ($13.18) 132bb
      UTG+1 ($4.47) 45bb
      Hero (CO) ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($10.46) 105bb
      SB ($4.03) 40bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO J:heart: J:club:
      UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

      Flop: K:heart: 2:diamond: 4:spade: ($1.15, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.86, Hero calls $0.86, SB folds

      Turn: 6:diamond: ($2.87, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

      River: 10:heart: ($2.87, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Hi,

      It's fine, he can cbet any Kxx,Axx pretty liberally so we still have some showdown value.

      I do not think he is going to call with worse on any streets, maybe you can bet like $1 on the River as a thinvaluebet

      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Joined: 17.02.2011 Posts: 337
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi,

      It's fine, he can cbet any Kxx,Axx pretty liberally so we still have some showdown value.

      I do not think he is going to call with worse on any streets, maybe you can bet like $1 on the River as a thinvaluebet

      Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. What if he bets again on Turn or River? I should fold, right? (he had Queens btw :f_p: )
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      What do you think his range is? What is your equity against that?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Joined: 17.02.2011 Posts: 337
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What do you think his range is? What is your equity against that?

      If he bets the turn KK+, AK (maybe A:diamond: Q:diamond:) ? My equity against this range is about 7% :f_p: .

      If he bets the river maybe AK, AA...

      Does it make sense? Is there any hand you would include/exclude on this range?

      thx! :f_biggrin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Basically you came up with the conclusion that there is not a lot of flushdraws present (and if there are they have 2 overcards/1 overcard most of the time) so your equity is dire hence folding is the best play

      - Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Joined: 17.02.2011 Posts: 337
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Basically you came up with the conclusion that there is not a lot of flushdraws present (and if there are they have 2 overcards/1 overcard most of the time) so your equity is dire hence folding is the best play

      - Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: thx!