This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] JJ flat?

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      I think I didn't play this hand very well...

Pre flop I don't want to 3bet him since he's in UTG and plays 22/5 so far (37 hands). I don't think there are many weaker hands that will call my 3bet. Also I have 100bb.

SB also calls an he's a 80/7 in 45 hands.

On the flop I see an overcard and he cbets. I have no "cbet" stats on him yet. Is it possible I'm still ahead on this flop when he cbets against 2 opponents?

Turn and river I just check behind and hope to win. If he bets again I'll fold.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($13.18) 132bb
      UTG+1 ($4.47) 45bb
      Hero (CO) ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($10.46) 105bb
      SB ($4.03) 40bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO J:heart: J:club:
      UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: K:heart: 2:diamond: 4:spade: ($1.15, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.86, Hero calls $0.86, SB folds

Turn: 6:diamond: ($2.87, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: 10:heart: ($2.87, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, he can cbet any Kxx,Axx pretty liberally so we still have some showdown value.

I do not think he is going to call with worse on any streets, maybe you can bet like $1 on the River as a thinvaluebet

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi,

It's fine, he can cbet any Kxx,Axx pretty liberally so we still have some showdown value.

I do not think he is going to call with worse on any streets, maybe you can bet like $1 on the River as a thinvaluebet

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. What if he bets again on Turn or River? I should fold, right? (he had Queens btw :f_p: )
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you think his range is? What is your equity against that?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      What do you think his range is? What is your equity against that?

If he bets the turn KK+, AK (maybe A:diamond: Q:diamond:) ? My equity against this range is about 7% :f_p: .

If he bets the river maybe AK, AA...

Does it make sense? Is there any hand you would include/exclude on this range?

thx! :f_biggrin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Basically you came up with the conclusion that there is not a lot of flushdraws present (and if there are they have 2 overcards/1 overcard most of the time) so your equity is dire hence folding is the best play

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Basically you came up with the conclusion that there is not a lot of flushdraws present (and if there are they have 2 overcards/1 overcard most of the time) so your equity is dire hence folding is the best play

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: thx!