checkmate1

• checkmate1
      checkmate1
      Bronze
      Hi my name is Mate Milinkovic I am not exactly new to poker but I have not really studied the game before untill now. I want to be able to play poker without tilt ( which is a big reason I am not a winning player) and poor bankroll managment. I have won many tournaments online on 888 poker but when I win I feel invincible and try my luck out on higher stakes and lose all the money I have won and deposited. I want to learn how to play cash games, preferably from a bss perspective. I want to be able to play +ev poker. Playing good starting hands and knowing how to play them on the flop turn and river. I have big dreams of moving up the limits starting from 2cent 4 cent and moving up from there. My bankroll is 100 dollars so this is where I should start. I am aiming to study this beginners no limit bss course and continue to play on 888. I hope I can get alot of feedback from you coaches. I appreciate how you guys are willing to help us amateurs out.
  • 2 replies
    • checkmate1
      checkmate1
      Bronze
      I am playing poker to make money. In the immediate future I want to make enough money off poker to pay some bills and for entertainment. In the long term I want to be able to make enough money to support myself so I dont have to work for anyone else.

My weaknesses when playing poker is tilt. Sometimes when I get a bad beat against me I play more aggresive trying to get my money back but it usually turns out that I lose more as I am playing worse. I also play when I am tired and I cant play well when tired. I play on 888 poker and I find myself losing money on their blackjack tables from my poker bankroll after going on tilt on the poker tables. I have had my poker bankroll whiped out plenty of times playing the blackjack. I am trying to never play it again and just focus on poker. I have a hard time letting go of pocket pairs when their is one overcard on board or sometimes even two. I love to chase flushes for some reason feeling it will always come for me but they hardly do. I play outside my bankroll often. I have alot of work to do according to the articles.

Tight aggressive in my own words means to play the hands in the starting hands chart and play them aggressively. You want to play only the good starting hands in position and aggresively to make the most money possible with the least amount of risk.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

BRM is very important aspect of poker, which is kind of must to follow. If you ain't following it it will lead you just gambling money away. During tilt phase it could also be the case that you are more moody and which means that you are going to lose more money away. If you don't have a proper BRM then it will lead you to the losses. Therefore try to follow strictly to BRM and set up the buy-in rule for yourself what is a must need. Standard would be ~25BIs at least which for some is even aggressive BRM.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.