NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($43.32)
      BB ($42.89)
      UTG ($20.50)
      UTG+1 ($24.15)
      CO ($24.48)
      BTN ($22.82)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BB calls $2, fold

FLOP ($5) 4:heart: 2:heart: 8:spade:

Hero bets $5, BB calls $5

TURN ($15) 4:heart: 2:heart: 8:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $9.80, BB raises to $19.60, Hero folds

BB wins $32.87

BB:

notes (copy pasted, if something not clear, I will explain)

call potsize cbet w 8 high FD + pair KT8ss, call > 1/2 A, call 1/4 A river w flush
      3way pot without initiative, hited nut flush, does not bet OOP, check J turn, check T river
      l/c UTG KQ, c/c KJ9, check 2, donk 3 river 1/2
      call cbet IP 774ss, fold to cbet 9 turn
      call 6 bb open, call cbet 339, fold A turn
      bet IP 1/2 w 23 K32ss, call c/raise, call donk 5, cbh 8
      often cold calls 3bets
      call cbet 89x w AT, call 7 turn w OESD > 1/2, bet river IP w busted draw
      cold call 3bet w K3s, call 2/3 on flop 99T w FD, cehck Q w flush OOP, bet 8 river 1/2

there can be anything in his range, so I folded turn. Too bad I didnt stack such player but nothing I can do I guess.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Go for at least 4x raise while being so deep. Depends how loose I see him calling and how bad I might even go for bigger sometimes.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you pot the flop & Bet smaller on turn, kinda proves that you have a weak hand. Fix the sizes. Bet smaller on flop & fold the turn, we can't really do much there and while he also has raising CBs that often.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Why do you pot the flop & Bet smaller on turn, kinda proves that you have a weak hand. Fix the sizes.

Why bet smaller on flop, when stacks are so big and I want to get value and build the pot? There are lots of overpairs and draws which can call.

Turn bet smaller because it brings scare card, but is it that small that he might think its weak and bluffraise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Why do you pot the flop & Bet smaller on turn, kinda proves that you have a weak hand. Fix the sizes.

Why bet smaller on flop, when stacks are so big and I want to get value and build the pot? There are lots of overpairs and draws which can call.

Turn bet smaller because it brings scare card, but is it that small that he might think its weak and bluffraise?
      Read first sentence and 2nd sentence and put them together and will have the same evaluation I wrote. Bet flop big = "I have a strong hand", Bet turn small = "I was scared".
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Bet flop big = "I have a strong hand", Bet turn small = "I was scared".

But does fish thing that way? Against fish many say that we don't need balance - bet big stong hands and bet small weak hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Bet flop big = "I have a strong hand", Bet turn small = "I was scared".

But does fish thing that way? Against fish many say that we don't need balance - bet big stong hands and bet small weak hands.
      Why not? The same way as you think he isn't understanding it I could say he could do that. He could just easily even float you on the flop with A:hXx and the min-raise such a turn but while you would make a bigger Bet he most likely wouldn't do that.

Rather make a smaller bet on the turn and similar Bet on the turn and will also have smaller Bet and more easier to get away. If the board is dry you will be able to ship the river anyways so no need to Bet huge amount.