itsSkyler

• itsSkyler
      itsSkyler
      Bronze
      Hey coaches :) I'm skyler and I'm 19 years old.

I have been playing poker for about a year or so on and off just for fun. Not really taking it serious or anything. I want to now take it serious and actually learn from the start and make my way up the limits while enjoying it.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My working schedule is kind of work when I want and I earn enough money from working that I don't really need to work more than 4/5 hours a week to earn a wage which is more than equivalent to that of a average months wages for someone my age. So I have a lot of spare time to just sit around and do anything I want.

I want to learn poker as I have enjoyed playing it for fun. To start taking it serious and playing the game not only for fun but to actually try and make some money from it. I know that It won't be enough to replace working for a long time. But I'm not really interested in making money right now that much just on improving my game and becoming a better player.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can follow the starting charts easily, and make all the right moves pre-flop but when the flop comes done. I am lost as to where to head and what to do most of the time. Fold when I shouldn't. Bluff when I shouldn't. Chase hands when I shouldn't.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

A tight aggressive player is someone who only plays a tight range of hands that are played depending on the players position at the table. When they play hands they are normally very good and they are played aggressively.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about tilt? Do you adjust something against it? For example:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.