Farma's Summerchallenge

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze

Hey Farma... Welcome to the English community, but who are you?

Hey everybody! Before I'm going to tell you all why I'm here I got to introduce myself a bit.

I'm a student coming from Belgium. I found poker a few years ago but I started to play for money and to take it seriously about 1 year ago - that was in september. Back then I got staked by a member in the dutch community and I started playing on 888poker. When I began my pokerjourney I was obviously really fishy so I didn't go as quick as all the pro's went true the limits. I turned the $250 from the staking into $1500 on 888 in 4 months, playing mainly NL10 to NL30 (Allways Fullring).

I gave him his share of the staking and had to play on pokerstars. Poker got legal in Belgium but we could only play on stars and on poker770, so for me it was an easy decision. The only negative part on it was that the level was a bit higher. It took me a while to settle down and to beat NL10/NL25. I just became a pretty solid regular on NL25FR until a wild downswing appeared, my motivation to play poker vanished.

After talking with some pokerfriends in the Dutch community I changed from FR to SH'ed. This was ~3months ago. I wasn't rolled for NL25 anymore and started to play NL10. It went incredibly quick now and 1.5 months ago I reached $1000 with making almost no volume - my maximum hands played within 1 month was just 35K. But again half a month later it didn't go that good anymore and my roll dropped down to about $875, which isn't that bad actually... This was also because of 'winners tilt', I spewed away too much by bluffing.

Now last month, in june, I've had my exams and I all passed them! Now it's time to earn some money in the summer holidays!!!

Why have you come to the English community Farma?

Mainly because here are much more members I can learn from. I'll still stay active in the Dutch community, where I also have a blog since I started in september tho.

I talked to some members who also play SH'ed and added them on skype. Another big thing that's going to happen is that I'm going to get coached by Veriz. I bought 5 hours coaching for july! Really looking forward to this.

Okay cool, but what are your goals?

I have 1 main goal!

• Earn $1500 in the holidays (July/August/and a bit of September)

My other goals are probably well known:

• Getting a lot better than I am now
      • Meet some people in this community and learn from them
      • Live better and healthier, I'm going to do this thanks to Schnitzelfish his thread.

Are you just going to put in volume? Or more studying?

I don't have a specific planning yet but I know this so far:

July - The focus is on the studying. Goal is to play ~30K hands
      August - The focus is on volume. Goal is to play ~90K hands

Pics or it didn't happen

What can we expect from this blog?

• Many hands where we can discuss about
      • Follow my journey true NL25/NL50
      • Talk strategy
      • Graphs
      • Some resumes of vids I watched or articles I read

That's it folks! I'm not playing yet, just taking some days to rest after the exams. Tomorrow I'm going to make some specific plans.

More coming soon.

Here a nice screensaver, you've all deserved it after reading this wall of text.

Disclaimer:
      Sorry for my Engrish, I have to work on that too :D . Already filtered out some mistakes, thnx to darko!

Thanks for reading!

Farma
  • 43 replies
    • KillBZ
      KillBZ
      Bronze
      GL!
    • Orodin
      Orodin
      Bronze
      Gogo Farma! Best of luck to you during the summer :)
    • darko163
      darko163
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Good luck! I'll follow your progress as good as possible!
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      GL there! Try not to take my money too much when you're at my table ;)
    • dailytear
      dailytear
      Bronze

cherish the love :heart:
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Good luck Farma, nice start

Will follow your progress :s_thumbsup:

Best regards, Tilt
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I just became a pretty solid regular on NL25FR until a wild downswing appeared
      i just HAD to make this up

good luck etc sir :f_biggrin:
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      You got it Toma! ;) (Was on purpose btw hehe)

Ow I just saw your epic paintskillz/photoshopskillz. Just total epicness! Very nice done :D

Thanks all! Loyal Dutch fans :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

Well am I gonna be the first one to wish you GL that is not from the Dutch community :D
      Anyway I wanted also to say GL in your journey :f_cool:
      On the other hand I was wondering since you play mostly for the money is there any chance for you to switch site (somewhere with rakeback) or is Belgium so cruel :(
      I hope you are mentaly prepared and full of motivation so we can also how is it actually to play poker as income.

Once again : GOOD LUCK and SHIP IT! :s_thumbsup:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i thought so :P
      thank you sir :D

i felt a bit tired so i thought i'd make another one:

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Genius ! LOL'ed so hard :)

Goodjob Tomaloc , show the world the truth ! :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      @ Sikac: Belgium is indeed pretty cruel in these things. Many people don't like poker here. I just got to beat stars, I will also be tableselecten actively!
      Thanks.

@ Toma: Hahahah :D . Veryyy nice work sir, how did you do that :P .
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Sunday 24th of June

How does my planning looks like?

I'm not going to play yet. I'm a bit off my game because of the examens = 1 month no playing. Because of this I'm going to watch some vids today probably.

:spade: I'm going to reed Verneer to repeat some basics
      :heart: Printing out Schnitzelfisch his wall of text about pokerproduction
      :diamond: Reading a motivational article
      :club: Reading or watching a basic 6max vid.
      :spade: Judging hands in the judgingsection.

A question for all of you

Because I need to study poker I'd like you to put here all the links to good vids/articles. I just don't want to skip anything important :) .

tnx

Farma
    • Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      All the best of luck! Will follow your tracks!

@Tomaloc lolololol true talent
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Nice! :f_cool:

Good luck mate, hopefully we will crush the stakes and move up fast.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support Veriz!
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      __

Today I've been reading some basic stuff just to get back some feeling with the game. Now I arrived at playing with PP's.

What strategy do you guys use with these?

I handle them like this:

When IP -> Call20! Unless someone opens UTG and is really tight we can call a bit looser. This I do with any PP.

When IP when someone 3bets -> If he 3bets really tight so ~3% I use the Call12 rule. When someone 3bets around 5% I'd go for Call15. This is with any PP. When someone 3bets 10% or more I just call with TT+ or maybe 99+. I can also call lower PP's if he is very exploitable postflop, for example when he check/folds a lot on the flop.

When OOP -> So this means we are in the blinds. When someone opens from UTG/MP I normally call every PP unless I don't get Call20. When CO/BTN opens I normally fold 66 and worse pairs unless the opraiser his range is pretty tight or he goes to showdown a lot (fish). Vs those steals I'm calling mostly with 77-TT and 3betting JJ+.

When OOP when someone 3bets -> Here I also use the Call20 rule but I'm not sure of it.

Can someone point out some leaks in this strategy?

__

I also have a question on defending vs resteals. What is your default range for defending vs a resteal from the blinds when you're in the CO?

Mine is: TT+, AQ+. Too loose, should I drop AQ, TT-JJ?

To me it looks pretty tight to fold them but Verneer recommends it. Toughts?
    • darko163
      darko163
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I play exactly the same, though...I'd like to add something...

When OOP:

don't you ever 3-bet 22-66 from the blinds? I mean, if the original raiser folds a lot to 3bets, that should be profitable. Otherwise you only 3bet for value with your pp.

My default range for defending in CO (vs resteal from blinds):

TT+, AQ+ :) I think we read the same book :)

But I think that's tight enough. If someone often resteals then I think I'd also call with KQs e.g.
      Some people also resteal but give up when they miss the flop...but of course, that goes for every situation, you have to adjust.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Tnx :) . If there is anyone else, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Yesterday I read some Verneer and also watched a vid. Didn't do too much... I also had a party this night and now I'm pretty wasted so no playing today.

Going to read more of Verneer and probably another vid.

That's it