This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 sh QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party Poker $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $4.58 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 3.0, Hands: 1897
      CO: $5.56 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 24, 3B: 8, AF: 1.9, Hands: 231
      BTN: $3.66 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 12
      SB: $4.11 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
      BB: $1.20 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 5

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG with Q:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO raises to $0.48, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, CO raises to $5.56, 1 fold

what do i do here? i take it 4bet/folding is terrible. i hate going broke here since the only hand i beat is AK but he will 3bet me with a few worse hands but won't ship with less than AK. and he snap shoved so i didn't think i was ahead. he was just waiting to ship so i don't know how to play QQ OOP and SH. FR i normally just fold OOP when 3bet. :(
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

4bet/Folding is just waste of money here, no way I am turning my hand into bluff this way, we should rather just Call then and play postflop. His 3bet is also towards a stronger hand while he is 3betting vs UTG.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

4bet/Folding is just waste of money here, no way I am turning my hand into bluff this way, we should rather just Call then and play postflop. His 3bet is also towards a stronger hand while he is 3betting vs UTG.

Best Regards.
      ok. well i always thought it was a big leak to flat call OOP because we are playing without initiative.. if i 4bet preflop it is for value so i should ship. i get 3bet and have to decide between shipping or folding. if i flat call, then i doubt he is giving up on the flop. i could donk, but i will most probably face an all-in and he might even play that way with AK high. i could check, but he will also most likely bet and the pot will be so inflated that i will be committed if i were to just call and not push. so surely it's best to just ship it preflop because it will end up in the middle anyway.

also, i completely disregarded that he should be aware of my value-heavy range. therefore here i should easily just raise/fold against a competent player when UTG. however, this also means i should be more inclined to ship it against the same type of player when i am in BU/SB. is this correct?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Then just fold to the 3bet if you think this way. :) 4bet/Folding is I'd say even VERYVERYVERY bad cause you just wasting money here, after the 4bet you easily get the equity whatever range he has.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok. but is it not bad to give yourself good equity to make a marginal call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      ok. but is it not bad to give yourself good equity to make a marginal call?
      That's why I said just Call and play postflop if you still assume that he is 3betting light.