Party Poker $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $4.58 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 3.0, Hands: 1897
      CO: $5.56 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 24, 3B: 8, AF: 1.9, Hands: 231
      BTN: $3.66 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 12
      SB: $4.11 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
      BB: $1.20 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 5

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG with Q:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO raises to $0.48, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, CO raises to $5.56, 1 fold

what do i do here? i take it 4bet/folding is terrible. i hate going broke here since the only hand i beat is AK but he will 3bet me with a few worse hands but won't ship with less than AK. and he snap shoved so i didn't think i was ahead. he was just waiting to ship so i don't know how to play QQ OOP and SH. FR i normally just fold OOP when 3bet. :(
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

4bet/Folding is just waste of money here, no way I am turning my hand into bluff this way, we should rather just Call then and play postflop. His 3bet is also towards a stronger hand while he is 3betting vs UTG.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

4bet/Folding is just waste of money here, no way I am turning my hand into bluff this way, we should rather just Call then and play postflop. His 3bet is also towards a stronger hand while he is 3betting vs UTG.

Best Regards.
      ok. well i always thought it was a big leak to flat call OOP because we are playing without initiative.. if i 4bet preflop it is for value so i should ship. i get 3bet and have to decide between shipping or folding. if i flat call, then i doubt he is giving up on the flop. i could donk, but i will most probably face an all-in and he might even play that way with AK high. i could check, but he will also most likely bet and the pot will be so inflated that i will be committed if i were to just call and not push. so surely it's best to just ship it preflop because it will end up in the middle anyway.

also, i completely disregarded that he should be aware of my value-heavy range. therefore here i should easily just raise/fold against a competent player when UTG. however, this also means i should be more inclined to ship it against the same type of player when i am in BU/SB. is this correct?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Then just fold to the 3bet if you think this way. :) 4bet/Folding is I'd say even VERYVERYVERY bad cause you just wasting money here, after the 4bet you easily get the equity whatever range he has.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok. but is it not bad to give yourself good equity to make a marginal call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      ok. but is it not bad to give yourself good equity to make a marginal call?
      That's why I said just Call and play postflop if you still assume that he is 3betting light.