This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: KK vs. check raise

• HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Hi,

seems like the monster line here, Ok to dump it? Cbetting turn should be fine.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.32)
      BB ($9.98)
      UTG ($10.53) [ 11 / 6 / 1.9 / 41 (260) ]
      UTG+1 ($11.57)
      UTG+2 ($6.54)
      MP1 ($9.40)
      MP2 ($14.82)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($13.18)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.90, fold

FLOP ($2.85) Q:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.60, UTG calls $1.60

TURN ($6.05) Q:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:spade: 6:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $7.73 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $11.51
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HughJazz82,

What do you think he is doing there with TT/JJ or whatsoever hands? Why do you Bet in first place on the turn if you plan to fold to the raise, you are getting really good odds.

Best Regards.
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      What do you think he is doing there with TT/JJ or whatsoever hands? Why do you Bet in first place on the turn if you plan to fold to the raise, you are getting really good odds.
      I expect him to call or fold w/ TT/JJ, wouldn't assume he plays the monster line with such hands.
      I bet the turn to protect against flush draw hands, river would be check behind most likely. On a drawless board, i would have checked behind on the turn.

edit: i need 24% to call, do u really think he is bluffing that often?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HughJazz82
      I expect him to call or fold w/ TT/JJ, wouldn't assume he plays the monster line with such hands.
      I bet the turn to protect against flush draw hands, river would be check behind most likely. On a drawless board, i would have checked behind on the turn.

edit: i need 24% to call, do u really think he is bluffing that often?
      Why would he Call with TT/JJ while he could just protect with those hands and ship it. He is committed on the river anyways.

It's a 3bet pot, how many flushdraws he will even have in his range there?
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Ok, when i have the K:diamond: , there are no plausible draws in his range. So would you check behind and call river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HughJazz82
      Ok, when i have the K:diamond: , there are no plausible draws in his range. So would you check behind and call river?
      Yes, we should Check behind and reevaluate the river cause Q is also on board. If he is potting it or whatsoever then it's more likely that we are even behind cause he doesn't have many bluffs in his range.