[NL20-NL50] NL25 8To

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

I was watching a vid where this hand passed by and I'd like to know your opinion about it...

So it went like this:

6max
      Hero has 8 :heart: T :club:
      UTG opens 3x, MP calls, fold, fold, fold, We=HERO=BB calls.

Flop (pot = $2.24)
      9 :heart: T :heart: 7 :club:

Do we better lead here? Because of the fact that we are going to call when someone bets anyway?

Hero bets $1.5, UTG calls, MP raises to $4.10

Are we just folding? We get really good odds.... If the J :heart: or 6 :heart: falls we have 84% so if we hit our straight there are not that many reversed implieds?

Hero calls, UTG folds.

Tnx
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Why do we Call in first place here, it's very difficult to play those hands being OOP and not even knowing much about the opponents.

As played
      Postflop: I'd also lead out and protect my hand, although I'd most likely just fold it to the raise cause we don't have the implied odds and might even be reversed implied odds. It will also be 4card straight on board which is very easy to understand and the guy wont pay us off.

Curious which video are you talking about and which minute?

Perfect example why we shouldn't be calling loose preflop.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      It's the vid 'Leakfinder with Baerbier' so it's just a student of him who's playing :) . Baerbier also said that preflop was a fold and I agree with it but I wasn't sure about leading and not calling the raise.

Tnx