[NL20-NL50] NL25 - TJo

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      And another one from the vid. But this time a lot of questions.

Hero (BB) -> T :heart: J :club:

Preflop.
      UTG folds, MP opens, CO fold, BTN calls, SB folds, HERO calls.

Preflop questions:

1) Is a call good vs unknowns?
      2) What about a squeeze?
      3) Wen do you prefer fold?
      4) What do we do with AJ here?

Flop
      6 :diamond: 3 :club: J :heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets 3/4th pot, BTN fold, Hero calls.

Flop questions:

1) Is this call very standard?
      2) What about leading? The coach in the vid says calling is better and his main argument is that we don't rep any good hand. He'd only ch/c if de PFA has a high cbet frequency.
      3) If we lead TJ cause we don't rep a lot, should we also lead a set here?

Turn
      2 :spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets 3/4th pot, hero calls.

Isn't this an easy fold?

Tnx!!!!!!!!!!

If you also like leading more, can you convince me with a good argument? :P
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

1) Is a call good vs unknowns?
      2) What about a squeeze?

Without any information nor stack sizes nor the open size I wouldn't really Call it. Squeezing might be even better option to find out how they adjust, unless we have some smaller stacks and not even full stacks then squeezing isn't the best idea cause we are assuming that he is loose then.

3) Wen do you prefer fold?

When we have small stacks and there is a bigger raise 4bb+.

4) What do we do with AJ here?

Most likely I would be squeezing cause AJ doesn't play well in multiway pots and especially being OOP.

1) Is this call very standard?

That's the idea of the hand if we are Checking and inducing bluffs from PFA. Can't really fold especially when Calling preflop.

2) What about leading? The coach in the vid says calling is better and his main argument is that we don't rep any good hand. He'd only ch/c if de PFA has a high cbet frequency.

I'd most likely lead out being in multiway pot cause I don't really want to see an overcard to come on board and what should we do then? Check/Fold? Yes, Check/Calling is better when we assume the guy has really high CB.

3) If we lead TJ cause we don't rep a lot, should we also lead a set here?

Well, I am also leading sets even here time to time, depends a lot on the opponent. If we Check/Raise then we are making our hand pretty much faced up and might even make strong hands to fold.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thank you! very clear.

Forgot to say the stacksizes and openraisesize. It was 100bb eff. and 3bb open :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Thank you! very clear.

Forgot to say the stacksizes and openraisesize. It was 100bb eff. and 3bb open :)
      You are welcome, more clear then. :)