[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, A3o

• sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      villain 22/18 , 14% 3b over 140 hands.
      He 3b's quite few times I successfully played back 1 or 2 times

I check to turn to induce river bet from him.
      I bet river small to get value from small pairs and maybe rivered king.

Microgaming - £0.04 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: £6.33
      MP: £4.06
      CO: £4.00
      Hero (BTN): £4.71
      SB: £4.18
      BB: £5.84

SB posts SB £0.02, BB posts BB £0.04

Pre Flop: (£0.06) Hero has A:heart: 3:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to £0.12, SB raises to £0.44, fold, Hero calls £0.32

Flop: (£0.92, 2 players) 4:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond:
      SB bets £0.52, Hero calls £0.52

Turn: (£1.96, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (£1.96, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets £0.74, SB raises to £3.22 and is all-in, Hero calls £2.48

Hero shows A:heart: 3:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Fours) (Pre 30%, Flop 88%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows 7:club: 7:diamond: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fours) (Pre 70%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins £8.30
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sinsas,

Preflop: Calling a 3bet??? You gonna waste tons of money here in long run. Very bad card to Call as well, practically every Ax has you beat.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the turn & protect your hand. But otherwise as played it's really up to you, can't see myself beating much there, just pure bluff.

Best Regards.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Preflop: I'm not calling 3b just to hit some ace and hopefully take it down, I float 80% of the flops and try to take down on the turn, because he was 3b fairly light and cb flop, give up on turn if he bricked.

Postflop: I did not really want to bet the turn that much, as I don't think he had FD ( he most likely would 2nd barrel me ), as you said all Ax's beat me, so my plan from the turn was to bet small on any safe river card, and hope for him to hero call.

As the king hits, He surely would lead out AK/KK, any other Ax's are choping now. And I'm positive on the river that there is no actual value hand he can have to shove the river ( the most likely is KK, but that happens 1/100 times at most )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: I'm not calling 3b just to hit some ace and hopefully take it down, I float 80% of the flops and try to take down on the turn, because he was 3b fairly light and cb flop, give up on turn if he bricked.

Against practically unknown opponent? Not knowing how often he CBs, how often he goes to showdown and many more information needed? I can't ever see how you going to show profit with it and with just so basic plan. Doubt that you have even a very good idea which boards to fight back and which not.

Postflop: I did not really want to bet the turn that much, as I don't think he had FD ( he most likely would 2nd barrel me ), as you said all Ax's beat me, so my plan from the turn was to bet small on any safe river card, and hope for him to hero call.

But he doesn't have most likely Ax hands either but meanwhile you could represent floats. Of course Checking behind and getting the value on the river ain't that bad if you assume it's going to show more profit.

As the king hits, He surely would lead out AK/KK, any other Ax's are choping now. And I'm positive on the river that there is no actual value hand he can have to shove the river ( the most likely is KK, but that happens 1/100 times at most )

As I said, if you assume he is capable of bluffing like that then sure, we can do that. But I am not excluding AK/KK hands from his range nor even AA.