[NL2-NL10] 74s nl4

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this hand is against 2 unknowns cause i snap raise/called all in so fast i never even looked at their stats. NEVER folding flop.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $5.00
      LP: $5.00
      CO: $5.04
      Hero (BTN): $5.00
      SB: $2.47
      BB: $1.26
      UTG: $5.31
      UTG+1: $6.76
      MP: $9.55

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 7:diamond: 4:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.04, LP calls $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20, 5 players) 2:diamond: 3:diamond: 7:spade:
      SB checks, BB checks, MP+1 bets $0.04, LP raises to $0.31, Hero raises to $0.92, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $2.44, LP raises to $4.96 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.04 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $2.52 and is all-in

Turn: ($15.08, 3 players) J:diamond:

River: ($15.08, 3 players) 4:heart:

MP+1 shows 2:club: 2:heart: (Three of a Kind, Twos) (Pre 36%, Flop 65%, Turn 19%)
      LP mucks 7:club: A:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 38%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: 4:diamond: (Flush, Jack High) (Pre 26%, Flop 33%, Turn 81%)
      Hero wins $14.33
  • 16 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: Fold it preflop if you don't have a good postflop play.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you even raise it? Just cause you have a FD+pair doesn't make your hand super strong. It's very likely that you are against a set here and vs them:

Board: 2:diamond: 3:diamond: 7:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    31.77%  31.77%   0.00% { 7d4d }
      UTG+1  68.23%  68.23%   0.00% { 33-22 }

so I'd just fold vs the raise cause we are in sandwich position and we don't know what is MP1 going to do and also having people behind us. Better FDs also possible.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Ty. I thought it was a great play but no it wasnt.

If i am in position how would i play it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      Ty. I thought it was a great play but no it wasnt.

If i am in position how would i play it?
      What do you mean by in position? You had position right now. :P
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Ok, lets say i was on the bu, there was a bet of 1bb, a raise to 8bb and i have top pair+Fd and backdoor SD. DO i just muck?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok, lets say i was on the bu, there was a bet of 1bb, a raise to 8bb and i have top pair+Fd and backdoor SD. DO i just muck?
      More information needed, what kind of TP and etc, how many opponents around, what kind of ranges the opponents could have there and etc.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      First to act is unknown. Second to act is loose passive and very honest postflop.

Even knowing this it can stiil be +Ev to fold because we arent sure what the first player to act will do if we jus call player 2's raise. We are way behind the raiser's range for sure and still not sure about player 1's range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      First to act is unknown. Second to act is loose passive and very honest postflop.

Even knowing this it can stiil be +Ev to fold because we arent sure what the first player to act will do if we jus call player 2's raise. We are way behind the raiser's range for sure and still not sure about player 1's range.
      I am mainly talking about the hand we have, what board we hit and etc action. But I get your idea, you are practically trying to find a spot where you can always go broke but in poker there unfortunately isn't and it's always based on many factors.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Yeah thats exactly what i was saying man. Thanks for the advice i will try to look more deeply at the situation before going broke automatically.

magic
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah thats exactly what i was saying man. Thanks for the advice i will try to look more deeply at the situation before going broke automatically.

magic
      You are welcome, feel free to ask if you have any questions. But you have to understand that in poker in a lot of spots it's difficult to give you a correct answer without even knowing specific information.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Yeah that makes sense. I get that sometimes certain hands are posted without complete info. I will try to give all the info before posting from now on
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah that makes sense. I get that sometimes certain hands are posted without complete info. I will try to give all the info before posting from now on
      Don't worry about it, I can also ask it during the hand but it's much easier to evaluate it and the evaluation may even base on the information. So some stuff is very useful to know.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      alrighty veriz, well im going to go search the forum blogs now for some players who play at my limit and are serious about improving like i am to maybe get a better connection with the players here at pokerstategy. catch ya in a bit!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      alrighty veriz, well im going to go search the forum blogs now for some players who play at my limit and are serious about improving like i am to maybe get a better connection with the players here at pokerstategy. catch ya in a bit!
      Good luck, might be great idea to improve your game. Although I'd advice to find someone from higher limits and not just the same limits.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Good luck, might be great idea to improve your game. Although I'd advice to find someone from higher limits and not just the same limits.
      how high a limit are u talking?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      how high a limit are u talking?
      Just few limits higher. :P I am not talking about NL1k. :f_biggrin:
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      hehehe alright. im currently searching for up to NL50 then :P