[NL20-NL50] Nl30 Fr A6

    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      $0.15/$0.30 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG ($44.30) 148bb
      UTG+1 ($18.04) 60bb
      MP1 ($40.33) 134bb
      Hero (MP2) ($33.61) 112bb
      CO ($38.59) 129bb
      BTN ($37.87) 126bb
      SB ($13.71) 46bb
      BB ($55.04) 183bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 8 players) Hero is MP2 A:heart: 6:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.78, MP1 calls $0.78, Hero calls $0.78, CO calls $0.78, BTN calls $0.78, 1 fold, BB calls $0.48

      Flop: 4:spade: A:diamond: 7:diamond: ($4.83, 6 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.01, 1 fold, BTN calls $3.01, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds

      Turn: 2:spade: ($10.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.23, BTN calls $7.23

      River: A:club: ($25.31, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN goes all-in $26.85, Hero goes all-in $22.59

      Final Pot: $74.75

      Stats in 9.5k hands
      22/13/3.5/64/46/74
      61/68/23/2.2
      AFq 31%, 22%, 24%

      Regular on the calling station side. On the river I want to induce him, he can't have many better aces because he would probably squeeze preflop, and he might just check behind most of the small ones, but I see him having many draws given . He can't have monster hands either because he would raise them at least on the turn. What do you think?
  • 10 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.06.2011 Posts: 2,867
      I think it's obvious fullhouse would be raise on turn or flop.
      No straight and any draw vasted.
      better Ax would be squeeze.

      Only A8 beat you so it seems fine to call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

      He could still have some monster draws as 5:s6 or even ones or some A:sX hands. Nor of course we can't exclude better Ax hands from his range cause he doesn't have that high 3bet frequency which could tell that he might even have smaller squeeze %.

      Do you expect the guy to Call the turn as well with just FD? If he is a reg then he has to be really bad reg to Call with a FD on the turn. Any comments on that?

      What about the opponents W$SD? This will tell us how often he is capable of bluffing the river, cause so far from the AF it doesn't seem like he is super aggressive.

      Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Yeah, he will call with the draws, a seven, whatever he has. He will also call with Ax but he won't bet it on the river unless it's fullhouse. I know that because he misses a ton of thin value.
      But if you don't consider him fishy enough to call with draws, why would he call with two pairs or sets instead of raising? My point is I don't understand what are we fearing here. To me it looks like he is super polarized towards air. That, if I attempt to hand read at all. Else, yeah he can probably have anything.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Yeah, he will call with the draws, a seven, whatever he has. He will also call with Ax but he won't bet it on the river unless it's fullhouse. I know that because he misses a ton of thin value.
      But if you don't consider him fishy enough to call with draws, why would he call with two pairs or sets instead of raising? My point is I don't understand what are we fearing here. To me it looks like he is super polarized towards air. That, if I attempt to hand read at all. Else, yeah he can probably have anything.
      First of all, you didn't say anything about him skipping thin value earlier. :) I have no notes, no dynamics, don't know how you play so no such information. Rather share if you post the hand not start to argue after I post my evaluation. :P

      Also what about his W$SD? Which is going to tell us a lot how that kind of opponent looks like.

      There might be few reasons why he didn't raise the flop is that he wanted to trap and drag other people along who also have an Ace. Afterwards the turn raise would just make you as a reg fold so many hands. So I am not discarding all set type of hands from his range.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      I'm not arguing and sorry for not providing all the info. It's pretty general for 'regs' at this limit to skip value, especially the more passive ones. His W$SD is 55%. Also the gap between his VPIP and PFR speaks for itself, he has many drawing hands that he just limps after limpers or calls. But tfor the same reason I failed. Treat fish like a fish not like a reg. The typical fish would also call twice with two pairs or set in this spot, regardless of the two flush draws that get cheap to the river and the 56 OESD. Because if I fold so what? It's almost a limped pot so I probably have either a draw or I'm crushing him, I don't see any reason not to raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      I'm not arguing and sorry for not providing all the info. It's pretty general for 'regs' at this limit to skip value, especially the more passive ones. His W$SD is 55%. Also the gap between his VPIP and PFR speaks for itself, he has many drawing hands that he just limps after limpers or calls. But tfor the same reason I failed. Treat fish like a fish not like a reg. The typical fish would also call twice with two pairs or set in this spot, regardless of the two flush draws that get cheap to the river and the 56 OESD. Because if I fold so what? It's almost a limped pot so I probably have either a draw or I'm crushing him, I don't see any reason not to raise.
      No worries, it's always possible to ask for the stats but would be realistic to provide such information if you assume he isn't betting for thin value.

      So I guess for conclusion we come that he is still capable of having 2pairs/sets in his range which play the same way? But yeah, that's true that I am not excluding either draw type of hands from his range. Only thing I'd be worried about here is his W$SD which might be the story about him not bluffing the river.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      I've seen him bluffing once with busted draw as a third barrel (he had oesd, then oesd+fd and air by the river) but he probably does it very rarely. He had 44 and I guess I'll just play my draws aggressively and cheap from now on and hope to suck out ^^
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      I've seen him bluffing once with busted draw as a third barrel (he had oesd, then oesd+fd and air by the river) but he probably does it very rarely. He had 44 and I guess I'll just play my draws aggressively and cheap from now on and hope to suck out ^^
      You have tons of hands on him, I'd advice to use Vs Players TAB and take some notes on the guy, take a look how he plays some hands. Which is going to be pretty important vs known regs.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      I did look at several things in HM after this hand(cbet tendencies, barreling, float, river bets, thin value, what he's calling, what he's raising) because I was really frustrated. I'm pretty confindent that I know exactly how he's playing now because he uses a very simplistic fishy approach.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      I did look at several things in HM after this hand(cbet tendencies, barreling, float, river bets, thin value, what he's calling, what he's raising) because I was really frustrated. I'm pretty confindent that I know exactly how he's playing now because he uses a very simplistic fishy approach.
      One of the easiest ways to learn REGs tendency even if he is bad, the higher you move the more important those things become.