This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Qq

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $11.27
      MP3:
      $9.76
      CO:
      $11.12
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.19
      BB:
      $39.39

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 3, K, 6 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.10, MP2 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.15) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.97, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.15.

villain 17/13 af 3.7 cbet 78 ftcbet 33 (PFR UTG 14%) ft3bet 50% 221hands

PF : 3bet standard

Flop: cbet for value... i think i might get one street of value out of 99-JJ... or some Diamond draws...

Turn: he come out with a 1/2 pot size donk bet . What does that mean?Usually when players go check/call flop ... donk turn they have a strong hand.Does he ever do this with a draw?( maybe?)

What do you think about the decision to fold the turn?
      How whoul have you played the hand?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: Not sure if we can 3bet even for value in first place here vs such a nit who most likely has even smaller opening range from UTG. If I'd go for it then I'd also avoid him getting good odds, so I'd 3bet it a bit bigger.

As played
      Postflop: You are putting him on a range of 99-JJ here and maybe some draw then I'd also continue on the turn than just fold. He can easily even block-bet there as well while he sees that the K is good card for him while it makes less likely you to have it. If he bets the river again we can fold our hand easily. He also has a low fold to CB.

Best Regards.