AA/KK on a lowcards disconnected rainbow flop

• tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Ok, the title says it all.I think its the main thing that keeps me down, I often lose a whole stack on a overpair.
      Villains most commonly limp/call or raise/call preflop.
      Flop comes rainbow and disconnected,or maybe 2 same color or 2 to a str, nothing scary.
      I make my cbet accordingly beetween 1/2 and 2/3 pot and get reraised - in that situation im laying queens against some regular bigstack "rocks", as they like to slowplay AA/KK a lot. but with AA/KK myself i can only think about set, but go broke anyway.
      Other situation is villain cold calling on the flop, turn comming blank and villain shoving to my second barrel. Im going broke on that too.

In both situations i mostly find myself vs a set, I take notes on villain and so on.My only positive thought is that I didnt give him the call20 rule PF.
      But is there anyway to avoid it?
      I would like to know your opinion..
  • 4 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      check behind when flop is drawless and turn is still blank.

out of position you can't do much.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      there isn't much potcontrol if they raise/call though. However, I don't think you're up against a set most of the time. But it can seem that way sometimes.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Well, I guess there are certain villains that reraise me only with top two or better, so its np.
      @chenny - you propose to check/call turn? Shouldnt we not give freecards ?
      Besides, checking often induces a donkbet with air on my limit..
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tzveti
      Well, I guess there are certain villains that reraise me only with top two or better, so its np.
      @chenny - you propose to check/call turn? Shouldnt we not give freecards ?
      Besides, checking often induces a donkbet with air on my limit..
      1: a donkbet is good! donkbets are from donks, so overpair is usually good! ;)

2: freecards... meh. it's a WA/WB situation. either we're drawing to two outs, or they are... so, i am not so worried about protection. this is of course assuming that you play for pot control on the drawless boards.

no, i don't propose to check/call turn. if you have overpair and you're out of position, especially in SH, unless they're a total nit on the flop, my line is to bet all streets with initiative.

but if you're in position, i check behind turns a lot with overpair on dry boards.