Hello please help me

• edjula
      edjula
      Bronze
      Hello im new to online poker but i do know that AA and AK are the best hands.
      Ive played with friends occasionally while having a bottle of wine but its all just for fun.
      I do find it interesting though and wanted to see how far i could go in a freeroll .....so i waited for AA and i waited for the 16th time i got dealt and i got AA .......so i put all my chips in before i see any cards in middle with 1400 odd poker chips and i lost! Someone had 78 and beat me cos they had 78910and jack ......so if i wait all that time whats the point if AA loses? Also why did 4 players all put all their chips in to ? because someone had k7 and someone had 44 and i cant remember the rest.
      How do i win on poker if AA i cant win with is my question ?
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi edjula !

Well, if AA won all of the time, the game would not be much fun. :(
      As you learn more, you will find that AA wins about 85% of the time against a random hand.
      In this case you ran into one of those times when it didn't.

It is good to play tight -- in other words, play only the best hands -- but not quite so tight.

AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK, AQ are also good hands to open raise with.

As you progress through the course materials, you will find that you can open even more hands the closer you get to the dealer position.

I highly recommend that once you have taken the quiz that you sign up for the NL beginner's course. As you move through the lessons all of this and much more will become clear to you.

Read the basic articles, or watch some of the basic videos then take the quiz to qualify for your $50 starting capital.

You'll then be well on your way.

Good Luck,
      --VS
    • edjula
      edjula
      Bronze
      Thankyou this will give me something to do rather than watching football :)