$3.52
      CO:
      $10.41
      MP3:
      $6.40
      MP2:
      $8.86

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:spade: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.20, UTG+2 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, CO raises to $2.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.98 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.05) 8:spade: , Q:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($6.05) T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.05) A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, CO bets $2.00, UTG+2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $6.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jh)
      CO shows a pair of aces (Ah Kc)

CO wins with a pair of aces (Ah Kc)

Should I have folded to that re-raise? I think so now after the hand but it's a bit late once it's over :P
  • 6 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I think I would have folded, if only UTG+2 reraised me, I would have pushed. But CO needs to have a really good hand (or be a really big fish) to raise instead of calling.

And... try to play SSS on NL10 tables, you shouldn't buy in with 40 BB to NL5 tables (I know you can't buy in with less), because SSS won't work nicely. :D
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Fold preflop.
      The SHC says "Raise/Reraise", but it doesn't say 3bet or 4bet.
      And according to your stack:raise ratio, which is around 10, you should definitely fold JJ here.

btw: Why are you sitting at the table with 40BB (I suppose you just doubled up?)
    • fcnz
      fcnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Fold preflop.
      The SHC says "Raise/Reraise", but it doesn't say 3bet or 4bet.
      And according to your stack:raise ratio, which is around 10, you should definitely fold JJ here.

btw: Why are you sitting at the table with 40BB (I suppose you just doubled up?)
      4. The third step: How much do you raise?

As you have probably noticed, you always raise when you enter the pot. But how much do you raise? There are a few simple rules to consider:

If you are the first to enter the pot, you bet 4 times the big blind.

If other players already joined the pot but only limped (only paid the big blind), you bet 4 times the big blind plus one more big blind for each limper.

If somebody made a bet and nobody called, you raise 3 times the amount of his bet.

If somebody made a bet and exactly one player called, you raise 4 times the amount of the initial raise. If two players called, you raise 5 times the amount of the initial raise. With three callers, you raise 6 times, etc.
    • fcnz
      fcnz
      Bronze
      And as far as sitting with 40bb, 2$ is minimum buy-in for that level afaik
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fcnz
      And as far as sitting with 40bb, 2$ is minimum buy-in for that level afaik
      If that isn't possible, it means you can't play SSS there.

I don't really get your previous post, but in this situation you get a reraise and a rereraise (3bet).
      In those situations you normally only push AA/KK/AK.
      Bronze
      Again, no 40BB buy in. Switch to NL10 if needed.

Also, after raise and reraise you can be pretty sure to have some higher pair there and with such a large stack I wouldn't push here.