Tournament Selection

• Everto1
      Everto1
      Bronze
      Hey

I have some questions about Tournament Selection, it would be great if you could answer:
      -What is a good Bankroll management strategy in tournaments?
      -What are the best tournaments in Pokerstars?
      -What is the best day's to play and the best hours?
      -What is a good BI amount compared to the number of players and the prize pool?
      -Any general advise about tournament selection?

Thanks! Hope you can help
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Everto1
      Hey

I have some questions about Tournament Selection, it would be great if you could answer:

Thanks! Hope you can help

Hi Elverto and welcome to the mtt strategy forums :)

Since you plan on playing pokerstars tournaments I would suggest at least 200 average Buyins. 300 would be better if you plan on playing mass-field mtt's. If you want to do it professionally and with a longterm perspective even 400 or more ABI would be suggested.

If you want to make your first steps in tournament poker I would suggest MTSNG's instead of MTT's. The 2,5$ 180men turbo's would be a perfect way to start if you already have a bankroll of at least 400$. If you have less there are still some options in the lower BI's.
      If you want to start with mass mtt's I can't suggest a special tournament since they are all kinda similar.

Depends on what you are looking for. You will find most fishes on sunday evenings (central european time). At the same time the variance is extremely high on sundays as well.

That questions doesn't make sense. It depends on your personal preferences. If you like smaller fieldsizes you have to play smaller fieldsizes. The Buyin has nothing to do with it.

Try other sites like Partypoker and try to play smaller fieldsizes for less variance.

Hopefully I was able to answer your questions. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban