[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• fcnz
      fcnz
      Bronze
      I know here I should have cbet on the flop, my question is more, what type of hand do you put him on, my cbet would've most likely pushed him out of the hand (I personally put him on a complete miss after the flop but seeing his shove on the river, I think he might have had bottom pair).

By the way, I didn't cbet because I just had gotten cooler'd with AKs by a slowplayer with a small pair on a different table. I normally would :)

BB stats are (on about 100hands sample):
      Handrange flop: 11%
      Preflop raise: 11%
      AF: -1.0

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.57
      MP3:
      $11.24
      MP2:
      $13.56
      MP1:
      $1.66
      UTG+2:
      $9.34
      BB:
      $6.00
      SB:
      $8.55
      Hero:
      $2.05

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.57) 5:club: , J:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.57) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.57) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0.57
  • 4 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Personally, I put him on A5 or (less likely) on K5. But you can't say much about his hand, because the river bet (3 times pot size) smells like a bluff.

You should have c-bet about 0.40, if called, check/fold turn (if you didn't improve), and then maybe call a tiny river bet (if not improved).
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      This is a leak in your game.
      You're saying:

By the way, I didn't cbet because I just had gotten cooler'd with AKs by a slowplayer with a small pair on a different table. I normally would
      That's a kind of tilt. There is no reason not to play according to the strategy. You always get bad beats, that's because you normally have the best hand when playing according to the strategy, so almost every beat is a bad beat.

Then another thing that's kinda strange:

my cbet would've most likely pushed him out of the hand
      That shouldn't be any problem, you also completely missed this flop and you're currently holding A high.
      So chasing him out would be a good thing!

So just make a $0.40 bet on the flop, when he folds you pick up an easy pot.
      When he calls you play check/fold unless you hit something.
      When he raises you fold.
    • fcnz
      fcnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Then another thing that's kinda strange:

my cbet would've most likely pushed him out of the hand
      That shouldn't be any problem, you also completely missed this flop and you're currently holding A high.
      So chasing him out would be a good thing!

So just make a $0.40 bet on the flop, when he folds you pick up an easy pot.
      When he calls you play check/fold unless you hit something.
      When he raises you fold.
      Thats what I mean, if I did cbet like I normally would, I wouldve taken down the pot. Saying that would have been a good thing for me. I didn't want to keep him in the pot, but as you pointed out i was in some sort of light tilt which lasted like 1-2 hands :P

I played a 3 hour session of SSS only to finish down 2 BI, today kinda sucked, no real bad plays outside of the 2 ive posted. The other one I'm still not sure which line I should have taken.
      Bronze
      Let me point out two things:

1) It's SSS. A buy-in for a SSS player is 20BB and you have more than 40. That's wrong and you shouldn't do it - the strategy won't work with bigger buy in. If your platform does not support 20BB buy-in for NL5, switch to NL10.

2) It's SSS. You need to stick to the strict rules until you gain enough experience and strong reads on your oponents. So I suggest you cbet every flop on NL10. If you don't hit the turn, check/fold it.