[NL2-NL10] ak vs calling station.

• romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      i was watching him play he was chasing flushes, going to show down with 44. the problem is that the flop bet was bit big.
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $2.03
      SB: $17.11
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $12.50
      UTG+1: $9.02
      MP: $8.06
      MP+1: $4.39
      CO: $4.98

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.05, fold, CO raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.12, 2 players) T:spade: J:diamond: A:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.67, CO calls $0.67

Turn: ($2.46, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      CO bets $0.80, Hero raises to $0.86 and is all-in, CO calls $0.06

River: ($4.18, 2 players) J:heart:

CO shows 9:spade: K:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 29%, Flop 14%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows A:club: K:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 71%, Flop 86%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins $4.01
  • 5 replies
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Actually I think your betsize on the flop is too small. It's important to bet stronger when the board is drawy.

I don't know the solution for this hand since you're commited anyway cause of your stacksize. Maybe if you make it $0.65 pre flop and shove the flop with a $1.38 stack in a $1.42 pot... But maybe this betsize preflop is too big... :f_frown:
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      if i bet bigger on the pre flop and i didn't hit then i cbet i would have been pot committed. i think the the rise should of bet 30 cents this would of given me folding space. i really don't know;(
      thanks for the advice mate;)
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by romcey
      if i bet bigger on the pre flop and i didn't hit then i cbet i would have been pot committed. i think the the rise should of bet 30 cents this would of given me folding space. i really don't know;(
      thanks for the advice mate;)
      You're already commited on the flop. You shouldn't bet only half pot on this board since you need to protect your hand and extract maximum value. So you have to bet around $0.80 / $ 0.90 wich is bigger than half your stack so you should shove the flop anyway.

The problem is that when you shove (as played) you're overbetting the flop and we should try to avoid such a thing. That's the idea of the bigger pre flop raise.

So when you shove the flop you get maximum value when you hit and maximum fold equity when you don't hit the flop. ;)
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      i can't argue with thanks for the help;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The flop is superdrawheavy, if he is chasing flushdraws then shoving the Flop is the best play because you end the play right there so there is no annoying turnplay

As played I fold the Turn, everything connects, 2pairs, straights, flushes

- Gerv