Newbe

• Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      Hey guy's. I'm Chantelle. I'm 23 and I work at Tescos, my boyfriend plays poker and instead of being a poker widow I thought that I should get in on the fun and it has been good so far. So far, I have passed the quiz which was dead easy, as my boyfriend just said, look read the questions and at the start of them you find the nature of what it is actually asking, and go to the related material in the basic section, and I chose my site to be on PKR but I chose the 20 dollar mission and have aquired my 20k in Zynga money. People call with anything of play money so my boyfriend "skipmuck" says it was just luck to get the 20k in an evening and this morning hehehe. Slight jelousy hehe, but I think there is truth to that when talking of bad habits but we have come to the conclusion that because I am new that I am a blank canvas for poker skills that I can map some crisp crafty knowledge from here. My boyfriend has not done well at PKR but I think I want to try there first to get my bearings, but what site should I use the 50 dollars at?
  • 20 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Personally, I would reccomend Party Poker. I have been with them for a while, and they have the fastest cashouts, and great customer support. Also, they have many great promotions and are all over television.
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      Just looking for Pokerstars but cant seem to find them in the platform list. Yes I'll try Partypoker. Thank you :club:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Chantelle,

Welcome to our community, lady poker players FTW! :)

My boyfriend also plays poker and thought me how to play so a bit similar story to yours how I started playing.

You didn't mention, what game type do you play then? I suggest you take a look at our blogs section because you'll find many newbie, advanced players who are keeping a diary of their play and its pretty much like a big family on the forum so the more you get involved and post the better it gets.

Regarding the free $50, you can check out the available starting capital partner rooms here. (don't forget to enter the bonus codes) You can also see all freerolls, free bankrolls on our promotion page here.

Let us know how you get on.
      Ingrid
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      Aww :)

That's really great, yes I totally agree us ladies do it better hehe :club:
      Umm funny you should mention the bonus codes, I didn't put any code into Partypoker signing up, and I'm thinking that this is why I have not got the 50 dollars yet?? If this is a booboo can it be fixed? No don't worry boyfriends just come in and laughing saying I have to choose a different site now lol.. oops?! :club:

I might add SKIPMUCK had to do his quiz in 5 attempts, and I did it on my first go lol lol x :club:

I play ring games? Where you can leave at any time? The only time I have played are those types of games and always for play money the quiz subject though is SNG sit and go lol I am just getting used to the lingo really, but I am looking into MTT's at bankroll dictation only. lets show these guys how we do it :club:
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      Also I chose the 20 dollar mission @ PKR so I can put my man to the test(where he prefers to play) lol when can we expect to see this in the account? I have registered through you guys to PKR and Partypoker and have got the 20,000 in play chips.. Whats next?

Oh he's just told me that both accounts will earn me points here, which "up"s my status from basic? If so by how much?

It's Ok lol, I have just read how that bit works xx
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      omg you're making me have a huge smile :D yeah, the lingo is not easy but you'll get use to it.

If you didn't enter the bonus code at Party Poker, please contact them and tell them you just registered and ask if its possible to link it to PokerStrategy.com. Its probably a no, but worth a shot. As your boyfriend said, you can pick another room and this time don't forget the code :) if you unsure just ask here.

You'll find all information about the PKR $20 here. I think step 7 follows now: Fill in your details!

let me know how it goes :)
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Tails,

If you ever suspect your bf of lieing (bluffing) to you then just say "I call" and if he smiles then you got him.

Gl in your poker career
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      Thank you pleno I will use that one :) Should be funny to catch him bluffing mwhahaha I cant wait x :club:

Aww Ingrid, which site do you p[lay on? What type of games do you like? Shall I just come over to where you play? :club:
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      welcome :)

I also got into the game because my boyfriend played. I wanted to beat him at his own game haha. He doesn't play anymore though (except for home live tourney's desperate housewives style!). Good luck! If you come to PartyPoker, maybe I'll see you at the tables ? :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello ladies :)

I play on Stars and Poker770, but have account on most poker rooms (Party, William Hill etc..) so we can definitely get together one evening and play something together. My skype is in my signature if anyone wants to add me.

I play SnG's and 6max cash. :heart:

Ingi
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      Is there a 'ladies only' study group? perhaps we should start one haha
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Nope, not that I know of. We interact on the forum because its easier to discuss by posting hands or keep a blog of your daily/weeky actions. lol I had a blog loooooooooong time ago :rolleyes: I shall try to make it lively again.

@Chantelle, you managed to fix your Party account then? We can join Enni there then :) or have you signed up to another free $50 room now?
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      I'll try Party now. brb.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Chantelle, also please don't forget that you needed to collect the 20k chips in the first 30 days after creating the account. :)
    • Tails23
      Tails23
      Bronze
      OOhh! Thats whats annoying my boyfriend hehehe I managed to get the 20k in an evening and this morning hehehe, I haven't managed to sort out partypoker yet, but will when I finish my shift, as I start my night shifts for this week tonight :( . :club:

What is 6max cash ingi? :club:

Aww thats a great idea enni :) :club:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      6 max cash means that you play with a maximum number of 6 at the tables instead of 7-10. It also called SH (shorthanded) while the table where you play with 7-10 players called FR (Full Ring) check out all the new lingo today :D :heart:

SH can also mean that its 6 or less players at the tables. Unless you play HU (heads-up) which means there is only 2 players at the table.

Glossary for you :rolleyes:

Shorthanded
      Full-Ring
      heads-up

Of course each game has it's own strategy. When playing with fewer players (6max) at the table you generally will play more hands and you'll be more aggressive.

Cash just means that you're not playing tournaments, SnG's. In Cash games you buy in with a certain amount (i.e. $0.02./$0.04) and preferably with a 100bb (big blind) and come and go as you like.

In tournaments, there is a certain amount of buy-in and every player must pay the same free, while at Cash games you can also sit down with less than 100bb. Anyway, in tournaments you play until you win and can't just stand up and leave and at the end the winnings are split between the first 10-20 or however many players. Depending on tournament pay out structure. Tournaments will also have a starting time which you must reg before otherwise you miss the tourney, unless there is late reg.

In SnG's the tournaments you don't have a time but you do have a min.amount of players to sit down at the tables and then the game begins.

Don't worry about all these at the beginning :) it will come naturally after some time.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      So this is where ye ladies are plotting and planning to take over the world :D

Good luck in your poker career Tails!
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      take care, spike your hair
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      how is it going ladies? :)