[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Kk

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Opponent stats 30/18 AF:4,3 WTSD:31 W$SD:58 after 155 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $1.12
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $1.28
      MP2:
      $4.35
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO:
      $2.79
      BU:
      $4.03
      SB:
      $7.66
      BB:
      $5.39

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 8, 5, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, CO raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($1.46) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.39, Hero raises to $3.30(All-In), CO calls $0.70(All-In).

River: ($6.85) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.85.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Ks Kc).
      CO shows a pair of queens(Qd Kh).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(Ks Kc).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

Just 3bet it right on the flop than Call it. I mean what did it change on the turn? You just gave him extra cards to see and even some draws got there.

Or do you think he is capable of bluffing?

Best Regards.
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      I think he has some bluffs in his range. I didn't 3bet him on the flop, because he's range is wide and if he has Qx hands is hard for him to continue. Sample is small, but he has pretty big W$SD, so I think he will fold a lot of Qx hands to my 3bet on the flop. When I just call he will bet all of his Qx hands on the turn. Of course I agree with you that 3bet on the flop is a good move, because we get rid of J9, TT, maybe QT hands, which has me beat on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheWinnerTakesItAll
      I think he has some bluffs in his range. I didn't 3bet him on the flop, because he's range is wide and if he has Qx hands is hard for him to continue. Sample is small, but he has pretty big W$SD, so I think he will fold a lot of Qx hands to my 3bet on the flop. When I just call he will bet all of his Qx hands on the turn. Of course I agree with you that 3bet on the flop is a good move, because we get rid of J9, TT, maybe QT hands, which has me beat on the turn.
      We don't get rid of them but forcing them to make mistake if they Call us. With Calling you ain't doing that.