[NL2-NL10] AJo

• cozacu
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, A, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.35) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60.

River: ($8.55) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises to $10.14(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.55.

villain 38/7 af 1.1 cbet0 ftcbet 18 63hands

FLop: cbet for value... his min`raise might be a bluff or a very strong hand,don't really know the player so i decide to call (it's not very likely but possible he would do this with a weaker A,or with a pure bluff to test me - again not likely)

Turn: plan is to check se what he does... now calling flop and folding turn when I improve my hand,would make no sens... so i`m thinking between calling and shoving.I took the worst of the two,i think i should have shoved,he can have now A4,AT,AK,AQ that i`m destroying ...

River: can't see him shoving AK,AQ,or AT so i fold

I made so many mistakes on this hand... starting by the call on the flop... and my missed shove on the turn :|
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello cozacu,

Flop: Against a fish could even CB bigger.
      Turn: Well, if you go even that far and assuming that you are ahead on the flop then I'd just get it on the turn rather than Call. What is it going to change for you on the river? You are just bluff-catching there.

As played
      River: Well, doubt that there is a huge difference how he gets the money in here. :D You don't have the same stack, you have just like $6 left. :P So I don't really see any reason not to Call if I called the turn.

Best Regards.