Abc Sss

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I played ABC SSS. This is my 2nd shot at it and again I lost 7 dollars. I mean what is this? Is this strategy really tested? I mean there are people in this forum making money, but are they more lucky or something?

I had the SHC right on the screen, and I was playing 6 tables.

Is it normal to lose 7 dollars, then lose 8 dollars in another session. When I do win I only win like 1 stack or something.

I played every hand perfectly.

I am down $15 in like 3 sessions, I mean it could be early to judge obviously, but I don't want to lose my whole BR of $80 before the variance ends.
  • 13 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      look at the hands you posted, they weren't played well, and I advice you to reread the articles, and check the hands you posted again, to see what went wrong.

Donk gets lucky

NL 5 FR KQos

NL 5 K7c

Nl 5, Qq

AKos

Pocket Nines

I think I am playing wrong

All pretty badly played, and whether it's sss or bss, you don't seem to 'get it' (yet). Review these plays, and look at the comments from the judges (again). The last link refers to a post you made that was wrong too. Poker is a game you can learn from books. sss on micro's (nl10-nl25) works if you play according to the strategy. Post some sss hands, and improve your play. SSS works.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Thats normal trust me :evil:

The big stacks all know our range now - so loosen up when in the the co/bu and watch em fold - but do not try it to much though :D

For me now - 10,000 hands played - break even after the horrid $0.10 FTP rake - move up limits if you are playing $0.10 and have the BR of course, as i think the rake will help at the bigger limits.

Or am i talking just bollocks :D
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta

The big stacks all know our range now - so loosen up when in the the co/bu and watch em fold - but do not try it to much though :D
      The big stacks don't even know who they are. Don't do this on micro's, just stick to the strat, stealing is too tricky for beginners.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze

For me now - 10,000 hands played - break even after the horrid $0.10 FTP rake - move up limits if you are playing $0.10 and have the BR of course, as i think the rake will help at the bigger limits.

I think I know why you're breakeven. hint: it isn't because of the rake
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Theres so many short stacks not playing sss, that its unbelievable. So big stacks aren't getting onto your range at all.

Answer to your question yes your talking bollox.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout

I think I know why you're breakeven. hint: it isn't because of the rake
      hint 2:

Nl10 Fr 33

NL10 FR 74 BB a winning hand

Nl10 Fr Qq

etc.

I saw a couple of good hands too, that's why you aren't losing, you 'get it' much better the thread starter. Just keep posting hands, and keep improving your game/thinking about you plays/visiting coachings (ask berliner some questions), and you'll get better, and eventually you'll beat it.
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      the favourite word on this forum, variance!
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tehChipDonk
      the favourite word on this forum, variance!
      A word I hate to hear..... btw hellmanicks the hadns I posted were like half buy in hands which isn't even a strategy...... this time I am talking about SSS which is different than the hands I posted, but I guess I don't get SSS either.

About SSS not working: I was obviously mad after my 3rd try and losing 3+stacks, so SSS works....

I am going to start posting hands again. I guess its my overconfidence that kills me, because I have been playing online for long time, still in profit because of SNG.... I guess I am one of those players that over rate themselves.

Alrite back to SSS after re reading articles and will be posting a couple of losing hands soon.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      I played ABC SSS. This is my 2nd shot at it and again I lost 7 dollars. I mean what is this? Is this strategy really tested? I mean there are people in this forum making money, but are they more lucky or something?

I had the SHC right on the screen, and I was playing 6 tables.

Is it normal to lose 7 dollars, then lose 8 dollars in another session. When I do win I only win like 1 stack or something.

I played every hand perfectly.

Edit: No so perfectly, f'ed it all up.

I am down $15 in like 3 sessions, I mean it could be early to judge obviously, but I don't want to lose my whole BR of $80 before the variance ends.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Since the thread is called ABC SSS I need to ask something.
      I just played some SSS on NL10. I played 619 hands in the session, result is $-10,35. I did some wrong pushes, but my hijack-this-tread question:

Is it wrong to have autorebuy on SSS?

Everytime your stack goes under 20BB the software tops it back to 20BB. I tried this, but I feel it sucked out some of my money. SSS rebuy is normaly at 15BB.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Is it wrong to have autorebuy on SSS?

no.a couple of wrong pushes destroys winrate. 2bb/100, for a beginner, is 20 cts per 100, so if you make 1 wrong push every 500 hands, youll lose faster then you can say "sss".
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Theres so many short stacks not playing sss, that its unbelievable. So big stacks aren't getting onto your range at all.

:D :D :D :D :D

Still think it is tough playing $0.10 SSS on FTP myself - I have manged a 8 buyin profit for May even after a horrid downswing from the middle of the month. Just seems like I will be playing .10 for ever X( what BR would I need to move up to 0.25 - $200 or more - this variance stuff aint nice is it.
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555

:D :D :D :D :D

Still think it is tough playing $0.10 SSS on FTP myself - I have manged a 8 buyin profit for May even after a horrid downswing from the middle of the month. Just seems like I will be playing .10 for ever X( what BR would I need to move up to 0.25 - $200 or more - this variance stuff aint nice is it.
      i think you need at least $150, but more if you are multi-tabling, which im pretty sure you are multi-tabling.... but grinding the low stakes definitely help building your iron man status