$0.50 & onwards !

• sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      OK here's my blog.

I have been playing 6-max online for about 2 years as a hobby. Until January this year I put in very little volume, quitting after loosing a BI :f_biggrin: and then just coming back when I felt like it - Meaning that a 'good' month of volume was 10k hands. Typical was 1 or 2 thousand hands.

This year I started trying to put more volume in which hasn't worked very well - as I have been breaking even in the main and spewing off due to tilt (I think its because I am 'trying' to win too much). Its hard to motivate myself to grind out 'nothing' over a big sample....

So I am not really sure what suits me best.

Hold em manager 2 reports about 210k hands total now. With the last 100k pretty much break even playing mostly 4NL. Took a few k hands @ 6 & 10NL that worked OK - but I have played so much 2NL I am kind of stuck in a comfort zone.

My BR is all messed up & scattered around different sites as follows;

Unibet: 174 EUROS
      Stars: $9 ?(
      Everest: $215
      Poker770: £80
      Party: £60
      Sky: £16
      888: $167

Total: $850 approx @ 26/6/12 according to PS.com currency converter.

Obviously this all needs to be consolidated to take advantage of a bonus & play higher.

I am playing some $1 9 man SnGs at the moment with the odd 2 or 4NL CG here & there.

Just gonna post some spots here & will gladly take any advice if anybody stumbles across this blog :)

Anyway GL @ tables.

Progress

Early October 2012 - playing FR 4NL on 770. Sucking at SnGs
      Mid October 2012 - Playing 10NL FR on Stars, 6max on 770 for my PS points (no SnGs) :f_p

********** Update **********

Grinding it down challenge, 1k /hands per day if possible - see if I can play 6-max & start winning anything.

My usual game is $2 HU Hypers on iPoker so it may mean I am a spew-tard on zoom....... :f_biggrin:

[b]Goal:

[list]

Play poker 1 hour per month.

/end list.[/b]
  • 135 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Nice to see you here sileekhunt :) wish you best of luck at the tables!

Stars: $9 ?(

sorry but this made me rofl so much :D
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi sileekhunt :D

i think i would put a majority of that onto pokerstars (they don't charge a fee like partypoker) to save and then start playing on nl4 or nl10 on partypoker or 888 with 30BI. gain some more experience and work up! it's good to have a comfort zone but there will come a time where you need to jump out of there. and you'll probably find that you learn a lot when you step out of that zone.

also sounds like you need to keep experimenting to find the game that you enjoy the most and then stick to it.

good luck
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      haha :)

yeh $9 on Stars :D . I withdrew most (except $12) to play some $1 SnGs. Gonna dump 100 BIs there for that soon as I have a sweet HUD setup & table ninja working with an XBOX 360 Joypad..... ergonomic bliss ;) works for Partypoker aswell.

Anyways you are correct about playing higher. Thats the plan & in a way this blog is here to encourage me sort it all out.

Yesterday I attempted to withdraw the money (£60) on Party & was informed that I could not withdraw......I emailed them to complain, no reply yet. Really I cannot grind on there if I have no confidence that I can withdraw ?( it doesn't make any sense.

Actually SnGs have helped me a bit as sometimes I have lost $7 playing a set for example.....loosing $7 always seemed a huge amount to me....but not so bad now that I have an idea of my total roll (I had not added them all up before).

Thanks for looking guys. Gonna post a hand/s.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      This was a bit tricky....

Standard open, super-nit flats, passive guy & fish.

I don't like betting flop here because Ax is a likely holding for one of them & its a mono flop, and also I do not want to give up my equity in the hand if I bet & get raised which is likely with villains protecting possible sets & big draws & Ax :club:

Turn is good, as its less likely Ax, & any :club: will peel, poss worse decent pairs.

On the river I was thinking that I would like to get to showdown, x/c a small bet. I think that betting would fold out worse & x/c might pick up a bluff, although any more than half pot might get a fold.... ?( I was really concerned about what the nit might have.

Any suggestions on better lines welcome, I could well have missed thin value on the river.

Pacific $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 51
      BTN: $17.88 - VPIP: 45, PFR: 24, 3B: 0, AF: 10.0, Hands: 33
      SB: $18.12 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 9, 3B: 10, AF: 1.6, Hands: 78
      BB: $3.63 - VPIP: 59, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 0.5, Hands: 32
      Hero (UTG): $10.00 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 3, AF: 4.1, Hands: 1072
      MP: $10.30 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 30

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Q:club: Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.45, 1 fold, CO calls $0.45, 1 fold, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.80) 8:club: 7:club: A:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.80) A:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

River: ($4.50) 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $4.50
      CO shows K:club: Q:heart:
      SB shows T:heart: T:spade:
      Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade:
      Hero wins $4.28
      (Rake: $0.22)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Wow, that is a mightily spread out bankroll! Can't bee too sure I guess..

Where will you be playing the most then, before you gather it up and go for depositing at one site to clear bonus?

Regards,
      Richard
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Hi fruktpuff,

At the moment I am clearing a bonus on 770. Once that is done, I may keep the deposit there as I think the PS freeroll is really soft, some of the other MTTs were aswell.

I don't love the software but kinda got used to it, I image William hill to be identical though & there is a good bonus there so that might be where I deposit a larger amount for a bonus.

I love the software on 888 & Stars. Party is OK but I can't see my fish colour tags in the lobby......

So basically I play most on 770 & 888. I will use Stars and 770 for my $1 SnG games.

Thats while I shift the money from the other accounts apart from Sky - i will just grind that to nothing or something....pretty good deal there, you get 4 tourney tickets for free (no deposit). If you win then there are super soft HUSnGs for $1+

The Everest software just makes me want to smash up my Laptop - its horrible :f_biggrin:
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze

SB: $9.75 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 9, 3B: 10, AF: 1.6, Hands: 78
      BB: $25.46 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 4, 3B: 2, AF: 0.6, Hands: 129
      UTG: $5.57 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 11, AF: 0.0, Hands: 52
      MP: $10.00 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 24, 3B: 18, AF: 1.0, Hands: 59
      Hero (CO): $10.72 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 3, AF: 4.1, Hands: 1072
      BTN: $11.84 - VPIP: 73, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 10.0, Hands: 11

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Q:heart: Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 5:diamond: 9:spade: K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.69) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero ?

So BTN is playing most of the deck.

I don't know whats best;

1. b/f half pot, the same on a bricked river.
      2. x/c a small bet
      3. x/c a slightly bigger bet
      4. x/f

Option 1 is the best?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sileekhunt

Hero ?

I don't know whats best;

2. x/c a small bet
      4. x/f

Option 1 is the best?
      i like option 1! he will often be calling one street with some trashy pocket pair or he may even have something like A9, JT, J9 or 87, 76 etc. i like B/F turn cos you will often get a free showdown and also know you're beaten if he fires the river.

what happened later in the hnad?
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      In my opinion (from one :f_biggrin: to another ) I'm B/F turn and c/f or c/c the river depending on the size of his river bet .
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sileekhunt

Hero ?

I don't know whats best;

2. x/c a small bet
      4. x/f

Option 1 is the best?
      I stupidly x turn, and villain bets 3/4 pot, I fold.

Not sure why I did this, I certainly didnt notice his stats at the time. Maybe action on other tables....it seems clear now he so agro he prob bets this big without the K aswell.. :f_grin:
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      It seems Party won't let me withdraw my ~£66.

** edit - sorted using the live chat feature. fee of £1.50 for a withdrawal.

Withdrawn $220 from Everest Poker.

So thats $330 Ready for grinding a bonus and/or earning strategy points.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      How much will you withdraw it up to before moving to.. William Hill, was it? For the bonusclearing?
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      How much will you withdraw it up to before moving to.. William Hill, was it? For the bonusclearing?
      Not sure yet !

But I would guess at least $300 - maybe up to $600. Any more might not be clearable for me - but I could take a decent shot at 10NL if I used this amount along with the bonus.

I have already shifted $150 to stars just because the software & traffic are so good & I am going to experiment with mass tabling full ring & SnGs. My laptop could handle about 14 tables & HEM2 it seems.

So yeh, I think 300 to 600 dollars. Although every time I look at that QQ hand above it really tilts me....not good. :f_biggrin:
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Jeez. Havn't updated for ages.

Not played much pokerz as the sun has been out, and I am not really feeling like playing too much - it just feels like I really suck at poker !!!

Last few days have seen me playing some SnGs on Unibet. It's actually a great place to learn SnGs in my opinion, mainly because you get the 30% rakeback through Pokerstrategy & because they have a good range of super low buy-in SnGs from only $0.25. All good for avoiding tilt & frustration of breaking even in CGs.

The extreme speed SnGs seem like a cool place to practice ICM & push/fold.

I am also enjoying the $1 HU SnGs... good fun.

Only thing with unibet is that HEM gets the BI amount wrong. ** if anybody can help with this - please let me know **

Anyway - I should grind some hands & post up a graph this month.

If any of you play $1 HU SnGs ill play you if you tell me your SN etc. cheers.

GL all.

Might throw in the odd youtube vid that I like (blog savers :D ). Here is one from this week. Looks like an interesting film ;)

• sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Spent a long time trying to find what game to play & which site to play on.

I think the site is now Pokerstars ($160 deposited, will bump that up to $330 with a view to playing the $3.50s - provided another 1 or 2 hundred $1.50s work out OK).

After playing on 770 I have done OK but am limited to shitty stakes, emailed support - no reply. I don't care really I will just play tournies with low buyins occasionally.....it was free cash anyway & there is around £80 in there for farting around & earning points to stay silver each month.

At the moment I am playing $1.50 9 man Turbo SnGs on Pokerstars. The software is so so good compared to anywhere else, more importantly - so is the traffic.

I'm pretty much a noob in the SnG world - I used to play them long ago, but I was definately a massive 1 tabling fish.

Now I'm using TN and stacking sets of 10 games/sess. I'm finding it OK - at this point in time I have absolutely zero tilt which is pretty new for me - hope it lasts & hopefully my graph is climbing instead of falling......... :f_biggrin:
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      August results playing 9 Man $1.50 Turbos exclusively on Stars.

I have a lot of leaks, and have not taken any time to review sessions. I would love SnG Wizard but $99 is expensive for now, we'll see.

One huge leak I have is that I am not table selecting at all, so this month my goals;

1. Colour code the :f_confused: and regs.
      2. Table Select.
      3. Get a least 16 games (2 sets of 8) per day.
      4. Play the required games regardless of results.
      5. Download trial of SnG Wiz.
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      After last nights session of stacked SnGs, I found a leak......

I've been using '0' as my shortcut for 'allin' (including the button press) so in situations where I decided to type in a raise amount I would end up shoving & the table would quickly vanish into the stack :D

:f_cry:
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Just picked up a 24 inch monitor for £45, works OK for 12 tabling at 1920x1080 resolution plugged into my laptop. I didn't think the tables would tile as nicely as they do without 1920x1200 - certainly glad I didn't spend ~£200.

Still a bit small to be able to see all the stats - but it means I can play about 750 hands per hour FR on Poker 770 - just about all I can take.

Started on the Super Turbo HU SnG $1s aswell.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      How's it going so far?