[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - easy riverfold?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain looks fishy on small sample.

Easy riverfold? I was doubting it because I expect that Kx always bet the turn and he can play a FD like that.

Not true?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1806758
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $25.35
      MP: $9.77
      CO: $24.65
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $25.88
      BB: $41.82

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 7 :club: 7 :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.60) 4 :diamond: K :diamond: 2 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, CO folds

Turn: ($5.60) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($5.60) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.52, Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

As long he looks fishy I'd just Bet the turn myself and might even protect from some draws. It's going to be difficult to Check/Call and turn your hand into bluff-catcher.

Nor I wouldn't be most likely CBetting in first place if I am planning to just Check/Fold further streets. He has so many missed FDs in his range there while I assume Kx is very often betting the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Learning a lot here alltough it seems hard to accept for me :P
      I see you advise to 2nd barrel more than my friends/dutch judges... Even OOP.

The problem is that I'm not going to let him fold 9x,Kx, FD. He's going to bluff me easily on the river with his missed FD's. So I like it a bit more when IP because we can check behind the river but now we have to pay. Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there are only 2 cards that can improve is on the river. We are actually behind equitywise now.

Also I don't get why cbet and ch/f turn is that bad. I thought this is a very nice board to cbet on and villain will fold a big part of his range.

And as played you like me call on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Learning a lot here alltough it seems hard to accept for me :P
      I see you advise to 2nd barrel more than my friends/dutch judges... Even OOP.

The problem is that I'm not going to let him fold 9x,Kx, FD. He's going to bluff me easily on the river with his missed FD's. So I like it a bit more when IP because we can check behind the river but now we have to pay. Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there are only 2 cards that can improve is on the river. We are actually behind equitywise now.

Also I don't get why cbet and ch/f turn is that bad. I thought this is a very nice board to cbet on and villain will fold a big part of his range.

And as played you like me call on the river?
      I would assume that we are capable of making to fold a lot of better hands there as better PPs but meanwhile it's really hard to Check/Call turn & river which is kind of waste of money even sometimes. So why not 2nd barrel and gain even fold equity vs better hands which float the flop?

Check/Folding the turn might be also too weak vs floats/draws/PPs.

Yes, I'd Check/Call the river cause I see enough of missed FDs in his range unless I know a bit more of the guy that he is super passive, that's also your purpose of the line. Check/Folding in those spots vs fish is way too weak while he will have wide range.