[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - AJs std?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey! Villain is unknown, but lookse fishy (stack)

Is this played fine?

Is 3betting way better than calling preflop?? Why?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1806760
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $21.59
      CO: $23.60
      BTN: $25.50
      SB: $43.03
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $14.91

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :heart: A :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.05, CO calls $1.55

Flop: ($4.20) 7 :club: T :club: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40

Turn: ($9.00) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($9.00) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.25, Hero folds
  • 12 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: As long it's just a min-raise you can easily 3bet it for value.
      Postflop: As played kind of complicated spot cause vs unknown. He could have so many draws in his range there and even just pure floats so might be more realistic even to 2nd barrel in those spots.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Indeed not a very cool spot but don't you think the turncard is very bad to bluff on? All his pairs can call and maybe he feels stronger with Ahi. Only FD's are folding but I'm ahead of those.
      Maybe safer to ch/F vs unknown since we don't know he floats?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you may be ahead but when oop it's harder to realize your equity as it may even have happened.

with a 2nd barrel we often can at least "buy" a note :f_biggrin: we also have all strong pairs in our range, we're not going to see a lot of bluffs vs our line.

that said i think i prefer to just c/f flop myself, we only have 6 outs which may not even be clean which really sucks.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      you may be ahead but when oop it's harder to realize your equity as it may even have happened.

with a 2nd barrel we often can at least "buy" a note :f_biggrin: we also have all strong pairs in our range, we're not going to see a lot of bluffs vs our line.

that said i think i prefer to just c/f flop myself, we only have 6 outs which may not even be clean which really sucks.
      I think paired board are very good to cbet :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, yeah but it's bbvco and he minraise/calls and doesn't even have a full stack. think he has quite some Tx in range too...

i just somehow see him floating you pretty wide here.
      may be nitting up but i think he calls you with all pps/fd/Ax/Tx ofc/notsure how many 89 he has
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Indeed not a very cool spot but don't you think the turncard is very bad to bluff on? All his pairs can call and maybe he feels stronger with Ahi. Only FD's are folding but I'm ahead of those.
      Against a fishy player you could easily be ahead with your Ace high there even and of course be against some draws from you gain value.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Against a fishy player you could easily be ahead with your Ace high there even and of course be against some draws from you gain value.
      Do you always say he's a fish (for 100% sure?) because of his stack? Do you think a FD calls us on the turn (I don't thinkso)?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Do you always say he's a fish (for 100% sure?) because of his stack? Do you think a FD calls us on the turn (I don't thinkso)?
      Well, then just CBetting it once ain't gonna work out either. :P Then might be even better to just Check/Fold it if you don't know against you are. What do you think he is folding on the flop, do you even see him folding just Ace high or even KQ hands?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think he calls with some A highs like AQ/AK/AJs ... Obv many FD's -> some suited boradways or high SC's. And obv pairs -> 88+ can be realistic.

I think non of them exept for FD's are folding the turn... But since he can have a pretty wide range to call the 3bet with the cbet in a vacuum should be +EV?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think he calls with some A highs like AQ/AK/AJs ... Obv many FD's -> some suited boradways or high SC's. And obv pairs -> 88+ can be realistic.

I think non of them exept for FD's are folding the turn... But since he can have a pretty wide range to call the 3bet with the cbet in a vacuum should be +EV?
      If you plan to CB the flop & Check/Fold the turn then not really. :P
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hopefully we can do some math behind this in the coaching? It does look weird to me :) . But ty
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hopefully we can do some math behind this in the coaching? It does look weird to me :) . But ty
      There is difficult to do math if you don't know the opponent cause you are just putting some range on him. It could be at the same time profitable and at the same time not to CB at all. Depends on the opponent.