[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - too nitty?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain again pretty uknown. Not out of line in the 15 hands I got on him.
      He can lead flop with strong hands and draws I think. Turn completed some of them but can he continue betting sets etc? Isn't it a good card to bluff on too?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1806779
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.40
      BB: $27.58
      UTG: $37.70
      MP: $43.03
      CO: $10.15
      Hero (BTN): $33.28

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A :club: A :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.49) 8 :heart: 6 :heart: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($3.99) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Going to be difficult to Call down there so I do agree that folding might even be safer. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shove on the river with his stack. A lot of those SCs/PP range did hit there actually, so we just might hope to see something like FD/overpair. Just not the best card for us.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Veriz isnt raising the flop an option against his stack?
      I mean a good MSS player is not calling very often from SB against BTN OR so I would assume that it is a pretty weak range or he is trying to trap
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      I mean a good MSS player is not calling very often from SB against BTN OR so I would assume that it is a pretty weak range or he is trying to trap
      Not really, why would you want to play vs MSS player aggressively on such a board where it's very likely that he could have PPs mainly in his calling range and a lot of those hit a set. So I don't mind playing way ahead/behind.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Not really, why would you want to play vs MSS player aggressively on such a board where it's very likely that he could have PPs mainly in his calling range and a lot of those hit a set. So I don't mind playing way ahead/behind.
      So raising the flop/gettting it in is a mistake against an unknown? And also whats our plan if no or 4 or 9 appears are we then calling done? I m simply surprised because we are against an unknown. Do you expect TT,99,77 or any FD to play any different? I mean maybe it is because I never played MSS but dont they 3bet 88 vs CO,BTN so this leaves me OTF only 77,66,55 which pretty narrow range.At least I learn something new ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      So raising the flop/gettting it in is a mistake against an unknown? And also whats our plan if no or 4 or 9 appears are we then calling done? I m simply surprised because we are against an unknown. Do you expect TT,99,77 or any FD to play any different? I mean maybe it is because I never played MSS but dont they 3bet 88 vs CO,BTN so this leaves me OTF only 77,66,55 which pretty narrow range.At least I learn something new ;)
      Why would it be a mistake? I just said he played it correctly as well, there is nothing wrong to go for way ahead/behind in those situations. If hero felt villain line is strong then why should it be a mistake to go for way ahead/behind here?

As you see a 4 appeared and hero folded so you should have an overview of the play.

Do you expect TT,99,77 or any FD to play any different?

To answer that I would need to know the opponent, don't I? He could as well have in his range 78/67 or whatsoever or even total air (which is smaller chance on such a board).
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      OK, I just thought I forget how to play such bords. So raising and getting it in isnt a mistake from what I understood? What do you prefer?How would you have played it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      OK, I just thought I forget how to play such bords. So raising and getting it in isnt a mistake from what I understood? What do you prefer?How would you have played it?
      I'd prefer however I felt during that time, if Hero felt this way I'd play the same way.