50K hands Per Limit.

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Background:

Who am I and Why am I'm Doing this?

Hello, I play NL10 currently after rising through the limits from a successful stake with Totte, It took me a long period in all honesty to get from A To B when moving up the limits, however I managed it and all was well in good right? No. I hit NL10 and have being going up and down ever since but never going any where in terms of moving up or down limits. One day I'll win 4 Buy ins the next I'll lose two and have never been able to keep consistency. Because of this constant battle with NL 10 my confidence in my play has lacked, I'm enjoying poker less and not taking it as seriously as I should. This is why I've decided to withdraw my roll, Start a new database and start with a brand new $50 and play 50K hands on every stake from NL2 back up to NL10 And hopefully past it. Unlike most people I'm not planning to move up to limits every time I hit the 50 Buy-in mark I'm going to make sure I crush the limit!

I hope the grinding and torture I put myself through will hopefully give me that focus and treat my bankroll with a bit more love :f_love: .

I will not be making several posts I Will be editing this post every time to keep things clear and save me hassle.

Some of you may have read my other blog what I gave up after a pathetic 5 days but I'm going to Promise myself if I give up with updating this I will quit poker. it will be less wordy than most and just basic stats updating, sorry if you like long winded essays...

Another little message is that this "Blog" will not be fast, I will be a tortoise when it comes to speed, I don't 12 Table, I don't even 8 table, I 4 Table! Reaching 50 K hands for each limit will be SLOW and Daunting however a little faith:
      "I dont care how fast i win the race, As long as i win in style :f_cool: "

Requirements:

[]Play 50 K hands at Every Limit
      []Must finish the 50 K hands in Profit or begin the limit again
      []Read more poker strategy articles and 2+2 Forums
      []Play at least 6 Days a week and Make sure to update this "Blog" ( I use term Loosely) at least every other day

Wish me luck :f_biggrin:

The Adventure Begins here at NL2 ! :

Day 1

Hands Played : 1552

Profit So far : -13.81

EV: -5.41

Hours Played so far : 4:01
  • 9 replies
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      interested to hear how you make out.
      I know what you mean w/ a slow path to 50K hands.
      I never play more than 4 tables either, and some days I just play 2!!
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      good luck Xeonz123

quality > quantity. good idea to plug leaks early on when they are still cheap i guess!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome back to blogging.

Hope this new plan and project works out for you!

Regards,
      Richard
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Seems nice, will follow your progress good luck.

Best regards, Tilt
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Day 1

Hands Played :1552[/COLOR]

Hands to go before NL5 : 48488

Profit So far : -13.81

EV: -5.41

Hours Played so far : 4:01

Ran Worse than ever and Im not using that as an excuse , I also played bad for NL2 I thought I would be able to be table captain, Turns out i was wrong.., but seriously I fogot how brutal NL2 Was when the bad beats roll in...

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $2.02 (101 bb)
      CO: $5.13 (256.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.06 (103 bb)
      SB: $1.92 (96 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.12) 5 J 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.31, SB calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.74) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.53, SB raises to $1.55 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.02

River: ($3.84) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $3.84 pot ($0.13 rake)
      Final Board: 5 J 7 A J
      Hero showed A T and lost (-$1.92 net)
      SB showed J K and won $3.71 ($1.79 net)

My WTF moment.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $2.21 (110.5 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.23 (111.5 bb)
      CO: $1.62 (81 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 7 T 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) J (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25

River: ($0.85) A (2 players)
      CO bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.80 and is all-in, CO calls $0.81 and is all-in

Results:
      $3.27 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: 7 T 4 J A
      Hero showed 7 7 and lost (-$1.62 net)
      CO showed Q K and won $3.16 ($1.54 net)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i play 2 tables myself. :f_biggrin:

whatever makes you feel well i guess
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmm the ATs hand i like the call in SB cos you can easily be ahead preflop. i think after he called your flop raise maybe bet/fold the turn? he's representing some strength with his call then raise. did you post for eval? :D

77 hand just sucks but i guess no one likes to fold an OESD!
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hmm the ATs hand i like the call in SB cos you can easily be ahead preflop. i think after he called your flop raise maybe bet/fold the turn? he's representing some strength with his call then raise. did you post for eval? :D

77 hand just sucks but i guess no one likes to fold an OESD!
      Yes, Thanks for the eval , The reason for my raise on the flop was beacuse he was CB 100% over 235 hands and was a supper agro fish, Also If im being honest the raise on the flop was probably because i was just annoyed that I didnt re-raise on the flop. However when he calls on the flop hes likely to have the J , When the ace rolls off and he raises all in I honeslty think hes just spewing, The only hand i was worried about was A-J.

The 77 Hand was more irritating for the float on flop and OESD on turn and Hitting on the river .
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      After a big weekend on the piss and my head feeling likes its going to explode, I've struggled to get the volume however today I logged on for a good 3 hours and grinding out some hands then all of a sudden . Boom Baby! A massive upswing what has made me just below the green :) . Here is my first graph, instead of daily updates I think I'm going to do every 5K hand updates.

Image, Wont work - Dont know why, here is the link http://imageshack.us/f/827/resultsea.png.