This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] T9s 3bet pot FD 3way

• Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $21.03 (105.2 bb)
      MP: $24.88 (124.4 bb)
      CO: $6 (30 bb)
      BTN: $20.92 (104.6 bb)
      SB: $6.66 (33.3 bb)
      BB: $18.35 (91.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T 9
      Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.60, 3 folds, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20, MP calls $1.20

Flop: ($5.50) 3 7 3 (3 players)
      BB bets $4.12, Hero calls $4.12, MP folds

Turn: ($13.74) J (2 players)
      BB bets $6.87, Hero folds

Results:
      $13.74 pot ($0.68 rake)
      Final Board: 3 7 3 J
      Hero mucked T 9 and lost (-$5.92 net)
      BB mucked and won $13.06 ($7.14 net)

23/15/119 and 5.9 3bet.
      I doubt flop because he would barrel twice so should I shove on flop instead of call big bet.
      Pot commitment rule would fit here.
  • 3 replies
    • mrkaktus
      mrkaktus
      Bronze
      I personally would not call 9Ts against 3bet and definitely not in this spot (UTG + MP squeezed by BB - his range is soooo strong here and you are just 100bb deep).

Even with FD I would fold to flop cbet as there is another player behind you and we can not be sure what he is going to do and I suppose squeezer (regish looking) would not cbet against 2 players w/o real hand and considering that his range is strong PF there are imo 99,9% of real hands in his cbetting range on flop.

Once you got to turn you can not fold due to odds- bet 1/2 pot and you have FD + GS. And as you have no fold eq. I would just take the odds and call, and play river dependant on the fact if I hit or not.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Only reason to call the 3bet is the sizing and the fact that the other person will be in too. I think it's very close but I'd probably fold because we are UTG and he 3bets from the blinds. If we call we want to hit a flush or two pair or a set or a straight. So when Txx comes we have an easy fold.
      Another thing that is in favour of folding is that our flush can easily be dominated. Also we lose a lot of we flop FD's like now... So for me it's a close fold preflop.

On the flop we get a very bad price but I suppose we can call since he looks like going broke even when a club falls. Turn is so close, idk.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer just b/f, since I think he has there overpair a lot and I doubt you get enough implied odds even if other player would call.

I think calling flop/folding big bet on the turn is fine- no point getting al-in 30% equity without no fold equity.
      I would call again that turn card, since you would get his stack likely any river (he is representing aces- that he would not really c/f when flushcard comes on the river)

best regards,