[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - repping the flush

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Villain plays TAGish on 50 hands.

Preflop & Flop are standard vs his range.
      Turn he bets pretty strong and he will mainly have Jx or overpairs.
      A raise here from me looks very strong (I think) and I can rep many flushes.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1807520
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $25.00
      CO: $17.41
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $9.65
      BB: $38.78
      UTG: $31.24

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 9 :heart: 9 :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) J :club: 7 :club: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.35) 4 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $3, Hero raises to $8.75
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

But would many flushes raise there? :P I'd tend to just raise right on the flop vs his whole CBetting range with also having backdoors which we are capable of double-barreling.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Is it bad to raise a flush there? I would always raise non-nutflushes.

Flop is turning our hand into a bluff, is that even good with such a good bluffcatcher? Then our goal is to let him fold Jx and overpairs so we have to barrel at least twice. Expensive and not sure if oppo is capable of folding?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Is it bad to raise a flush there? I would always raise non-nutflushes.

Flop is turning our hand into a bluff, is that even good with such a good bluffcatcher? Then our goal is to let him fold Jx and overpairs so we have to barrel at least twice. Expensive and not sure if oppo is capable of folding?
      Well, from what do you get paid if you raise your flush on the turn? :D

Well, I don't know the opponent so I don't even know his tendency how often he CBs and stuff, I don't really see any reason to Call the flop and then fold on the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      If we hit our flush we have to raise to get it in on turn our river. I think it is best to raist turn? Because now we protect from a 4th :club: and from pairing the board. Not true?

You say call flop , fold turn is bad? Don't you mean call turn or raise turn then? :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If we hit our flush we have to raise to get it in on turn our river. I think it is best to raist turn? Because now we protect from a 4th :club: and from pairing the board. Not true?

You say call flop , fold turn is bad? Don't you mean call turn or raise turn then? :P
      I am once again asking, why would you need to protect your hand on the turn where you most likely rarely get paid, very small part will pay you, so it actually doesn't even make sense to raise the turn.

Yes, cause he can easily just double-barrel you off a hand, why would you Call the flop and then fold the turn, didn't you say you turned your hand into bluff-catcher?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      thanks!

Haaa you call 2barrels. Just didn't expected that ;) . Without a club you won't I suppose
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      thanks!

Haaa you call 2barrels. Just didn't expected that ;) . Without a club you won't I suppose
      Well, why would you Call the flop and then fold the turn, he could easily just CB flop 80%, CB turn 70%. Why would you invest the money in first place on the flop and then fold on the turn?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      thanks!

Well, why would you Call the flop and then fold the turn, he could easily just CB flop 80%, CB turn 70%. Why would you invest the money in first place on the flop and then fold on the turn?
      Because I thought people mostly gave up after the flop :) . But apparently I give them too much credit ;)