Neteller refusing to Bankwire my Money. No explanation

• alfie1990
      alfie1990
      Basic
      Be aware fellow Neteller Members. I was a member for some time using my Neteller account to play poker, but in January 2012 this year Neteller permanently closed my account without no reason. I have £3000 of my money in the account and I immediately requested they send the money back to my Bank. 6 Months later and they still have my Money.

The call centre hang up the phone as soon as I give over my account details.. Apparently they can not discuss my account. Now the only person who will answer me about my £3000 owed is 'Ian Ladd Gibbon' from Optimal Payments who still has not clarified the situation on them stealing my £3000. He informed me the only way I can get my Money is to complain at the Financial Ombudsman Service which will take 3-4 Months to be solved.

Something is not right with Neteller from Management down to the call centre
      persons. My advice to everyone is not to hold such a large amount at any time in Neteller incase this happens to you. Can anyone advise me of other way to get my Money back? How would I take them to court if they are registered in the Isle of Man?
  • 9 replies
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      There is always some shit with Neteller or PayPal.
      Use Skrill.

and sorry, can't help you with ur problem.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi alfie1990,

First of all, welcome to our forum. Did you register to share your Neteller woes? I am sorry to hear that you are having such problems. Thanks for sharing with us anyway. They didn't give you any reason at all for closing your account? What does their correspondence say exactly?

Unfortunately I do not know how to get your money back as we clearly do not understand the reasons and intricacies of the situation. I urge you to continue corresponding with Neteller. I hope you will be able to resolve this issue. Let us know how it goes. I will also move this thread to the Neteller board so other users can see it.

regards,
      purplefizz
    • alfie1990
      alfie1990
      Basic
      Hi Purplefizz,

I joined the forum to make people aware of what Neteller are capable off. I play alot of poker though and I have fount some useful stuff from my short time here.

Neteller will not reply to my emails or talk to me on the phone. The £3000 owed to me is nearly all of my money! I had to move out of my flat after I could not pay the rent. I informed Neteller this was gonna happen and they still did nothing to help me.

I have no idea what I could have done to be treated like this, they are playing a game with me. The persons from Optimal Payments emailed me after I chased them up about the case with the FOS saying

'I have just spoken to the FOS by telephone. The conversation confirmed that they are waiting for your paperwork before they can start working on this case. When that is received they warned that it will take them several months before they are able to deal with this case. The FOS have told me that I have their permission to communicate this information to you. I have also been told there should be no further communication on this between Optimal Payments and yourself.'

The FOS confirmed they received my paperwork over 10 days ago so he lied about that, and they are actually waiting on Optimal Payments final decision paperwork before they continue. How would you deal with a company refusing to communicate with you but they are holding £3000 of your money? This is beyond believable to me.
    • illium
      illium
      Bronze
      Neteller also have a twitter feed which can sometimes be more responsive. If however they don't seem to be willing to talk to you at all, I suggest you get in touch with Neteller's regulator which is the Financial Services Authority in the UK.
      It seems ridiculous that they wont even tell you why they are denying you access to your money. The FSA may be able to get some answers for you.
    • alfie1990
      alfie1990
      Basic
      Thanks for the advice illium . I contacted the FSA and they suggested I complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which I have but they said it will take upto three months before they even look at the case.

This may sound stupid but do you think I could call the police over this matter or would they just overlook it and say I have to report to FSA?

I mean after all I have had £3000 stolen from me.
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi alfie1990,

I believe saying that your money was stolen by NETELLER are pretty strong words.

Why don't you drop me an email with your NET ID and I will try to check with them.

Thanks,
      Nat.
    • illium
      illium
      Bronze
      That's a disappointing response from the FSA. They are the ones that are supposed to be regulating Neteller, by not responding to you Neteller are in breach of some regulation. I'd pass all the information you have onto the FSA again and ask them for a more detailed response or to escalate the case. As we have seen recently with banks, the FSA have sever sanctions against companies that break their rules.
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi alfie1990,

So I checked with NETELLER and they informed me you have been contacted by the compliance team and they do have sent you emails and you have never responded to this communication.

I am not able to get any more details, for obvious reasons, but maybe you should check your junk/spam folders?

I hope this helps.

BR,
      Natalia
    • alfie1990
      alfie1990
      Basic
      Hi MissNatalia

Firsty thanks for trying to get info for me.

Secondly the only person who has contacted me is Ian Gibbon from Optimal payments. Neteller told me they sent and Email and a letter but i received none. I have check my Junk as i would not let anything delay me getting my Money.

All Neteller have to do is pay my Money back into my bank which is fair as its my money so why have they delayed 6 Months! Honestly guys this company is a shambles from problems accessing you own money and to even their rude support team.

STAY CLEAR OF NETELLER, THEY ARE THIEF'S, and they broke their privacy rules with my account as they swapped info with Betfair about who i was transferring to on my peer to peer transfers ?( . A Manager from Betfair confirmed this with me.