NLHE 6max: Beat it! 92Niko's blog

• 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello everyone!
      I'm 92Niko from Italy I'm 20 years old and I'm an active member of the Italian community and forum of pokerstrategy.
      I decided to enjoy the English community for many reasons: first of all I want to improve my poker skills, but I also want to improve my english writing and make new international friends.

However I'm a cash gamer, I'm actually grinding NL10 BSS on pokerstars.it and probably I will follow a stacking/coaching project during the summer so that I can beat the limits faster and get soon to medium and then (I hope) high stakes.

I'm a pretty LAG player and I like non-standard game and exploitative strategy (sometimes completely unbalanced), my aim is to constantly increase my knowledge of poker and become a good player.

My focus now is to crush all smallstakes keeping a high bb/100 profit and I hope that pokerstrategy's english community will help me in doing that!

In real life I'm following the courses of mechanical engineering at the Politecnico of Turin, in spare time I like to play guitar, basketball and go on skateboard when possible.

You will see me soon in the "hand evaluation" section of BSS since I love to say my opinion about hands and to compare my opinions with that of coaches and stronger players.

So... What else to say? This is my blog!
      I'm gonna update it sometimes with stats, graphs and maybe some interesting hands keeping you up to date with my "climb" to higher limits.

:f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:

Sorry if my english is not perfect :)
  • 6 replies
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      You live in Turin?
      How is the player pool in ps.it? Lots of players on your limit?
      Good luck!
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by stripofbacon
      You live in Turin?
      How is the player pool in ps.it? Lots of players on your limit?
      Good luck!
      Thanks!

Yes I mainly live in Turin even if I'm from a small city about 100km from there.

I have no term of comparison pf ps.it with ps.com, but I talked about that with one my friend that plays from Germany on .com and I found out that NL10 in Italy is fishier than in ps.com (that's because cash game in Italian rooms started less than one year ago). On ps.com there are more regulars probably, but that number is quite high also on ps.it (however most of them are just players that play 10/12x and are very exploitable, so it is easy to make profit also on them).

Traffic is very high and you can open a lot of tables at almost every hour of the day and of the night.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hi 92Niko and welcome!

your english seems fine mate :D im sure i will see some of your hands in the evaluation forums if you post there since im a (semi) reg there!

good luck with the goals and i look forward to more updates.

Lewis.
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      So, here we are with the first update of my international blog.

I post stats and graph for my first 10k hands at NL10 on pokerstars.it
      I'm not playing that much in this month since I'm having exams at uni, but I will start grinding seriously from 10 July on, my aim si doing at least 3k hands per day.

Here's the graph for NL10, I'm running under EV and I badrunned in the first hands, while in the second part I had enough stats for start exploiting regs, and as you can see, my red line is positive from 3/4k hands on!

And here are my stats, I'm a bit laggy wrt microstakes std game, but I like the way I'm playing and I want to increase my edge as much as I can.

So.. See you at the next update!!! :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey!
      Here I am again :D

So... Little update: I didn't play nothing in the last days, this because of exams... Engineering is veeeeery hard.

I'm gonna start a project in the next weeks: I will be stacked and coached by some good players. In these days I'm gonna first play 15k hands as a kind of "trial" then coaches will decide for what limit they're going to stack me.

I'm getting ready to starts!
      Just hoping to have a great impression on them!
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Here I am with a little update for my English blog.

So...
      I started a stacking/coaching project, by now I'm just "in try" so in these days I have to play as better as I can to show to the coach my skills. I'm playing on a Italian room the NL10, field is softer wrt stars.it, but regulars are very aggressive! I think I made some good plays against them.

Btw I'm running around 10bb/100 EV (real is a bit higher) in the first 9k hands (not very much hands nor very much profit). I'm quite shure I completely thrown away about 2/3 stacks in a bad moment.

Another challenge is that to keep NSDW at least BE and I'm having good results on that, even if when in the evening the field is fishy.... The redline goes down very fast, nothing to do about that!

I want to improve a lot my game and make a good impression on my coach, next week coach's lessons will start!
      I'll be followed by 2 coaches and I'm also reading an interesting book "easy game" by Baluga... Hope that all this stuff is gonna improve my game!

I'll let you know soon about my progresses!

Bye!!!