[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - QKs drawing

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

I have just 15 hands on villain, he isn't out of line.

Preflop + cbet are std. I think I'm getting good odds ot call his raise and he might sometimes even bluff.
      My plan was:
      Not only to hit my straight but also maybe bluff on a diamond turn by check/raising. Is this a good idea?

Now that he checks the turn behind and I show up with K high I feel I have to bet alltough he may have potcontrolled the turn to call a riverbet. Acuallly I think he has a hand like Jx or nothing... So vs his whole range I can just bluff 1/3th pot maybe?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1807521
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $41.78
      SB: $27.33
      BB: $25.97
      Hero (UTG): $25.00
      MP: $18.22
      CO: $25.12

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) T :spade: 8 :diamond: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, CO raises to $3, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($7.85) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($7.85) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Flop: Bet/Fold the flop? :) You are OOP, you don't know what are clean outs nor anything.

As played
      River: Well, I wouldn't exclude from his range made hands either which could easily pot control on the turn but more often a REG would just Bet the turn again with made hand for protection and free showdown than Check it behind. Which means we are either against a missed draw as well which will make even a $3 Bet to fold or just vs a made hand which will Call you anyways.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      It tought so about the as played -part after the hand :) .

flop: Don't we get really good odds? A and 9 which aren't diamonds are always clean? That are 6 outs and we get a good prize + 2 street to come so 2 streets of getting value.

If we decide to call the flopraise and hit our straight, would you donk the turn? I feel like a would to it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      flop: Don't we get really good odds? A and 9 which aren't diamonds are always clean? That are 6 outs and we get a good prize + 2 street to come so 2 streets of getting value.

Calculate the implied odds you need there, then go back to the position of ours and then decide either you can ever even play the hand profitable. I don't see us doing that while we could just just against a FD there which ain't going to pay you anyways if it doesn't even hit.

Including that 9 will be 4card straight on the board which even decreases our implied odds.

If we decide to call the flopraise and hit our straight, would you donk the turn? I feel like a would to it

Depends again what kind of card comes, if a 9 comes then obviously the guy wont pay much us anyways unless he has some kind of realistic hand himself. But you should more often donk cause we don't want to see Check behind from FD/set or whatsoever hands.