This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - playing a PP

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain again completely unknown.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1807524
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $21.02
      CO: $19.73
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 7 :club: 7 :heart:
      UTG raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 8 :spade: 8 :diamond: 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

Normally I'm allmost always folding my PP vs a UTG/MP cbet when I'm OOP.. Because villain fired such a small bet I called, I'd also bet small on such a board with air but bigger with overpairs.

Turn: ($4.10) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $4, UTG calls $3.25

Don't like my raise here looking back at the hand... His bet is often Ax and I'm already ahead of those hand so here I should probably have ch/c'ed again? If I raise it is to let him fold overpairs -> I can credibely rep a boat I tought...

River: ($12.10) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

If I chose to bluffraise the turn I should have continued here ... I didn't dare because villain was unknown and I'd feel so bad if he calls me down with 99 :P
  • 3 replies
    • Supremace
      Supremace
      Bronze
      Call the turn you have showdown value against Big brodways, and call a blank river or call a small bet on the river even if a big card hits. Dont make big moves against unknown villains.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Supremace
      Call the turn you have showdown value against Big brodways, and call a blank river or call a small bet on the river even if a big card hits. Dont make big moves against unknown villains.
      Agree :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

your hand looks a lot like pp and it depends a lot to the player if he would double barrel there Ax hands or not. I think c/c turn against that small bet is better, since you are often ahead and don´t have to turn your hand into bluff

best regards,