Poker Squared - NL2 and NL5....apparently...:)

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the "POKER SQUARED" Blog.

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

WHO AM I AND WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? :)

I´m Yurao, I´m 25 and I´ve decided to start my own poker blog. Mainly because I feel that this will create some commitment to the cause of becoming a better player and secondly because I always wanted a project like this.

I don´t want to create just another blog. My goal is to deliver you guys some of my insights to various scapes of psychology of success apart from regular blog-ish stuff like my session stats and so on. I´ve been digging books and articles on this topic and it led me to various thoughts which I believe may help somebody get a different perspective on the challenge they are facing in their life or poker. That´s why I will do my best to put an article to this blog. (EDIT: Articles will come in the future as I need to focus more on my play for now, don´t worry, they WILL come;)

WHAT ARE MY GOALS?

There are several goals that I can separate to a few cathegories and I will update them regularly. So let´s see them shall we?

ULTIMATE GOAL and my VISION:

I´m a very competitive person and I can´t deal with the fact that I would just flow through my life without trying to achieve something really really big. I need the challenge. It is the meaning of my life. I feel empthy without it.

I´m doing my best to help people around me to achieve their own goals, smaller or bigger, because I know what it is like to achieve something. I want everybody to be succesful.

I´m doing my best to keep positive mindset and I´m working on my mental state same as I´m working on my game.

I understand that success comes at a price and I´m willing to pay for it with my time and effort. And my money if necessary. Best investment is into knowledge.

Therefore my greatest and ultimate goal is to become a POKER PRO on NL50, SUPERNOVA on Stars and an official Czech Coach on the Poker Strategy forum for MULTITABLING and MSS on MICRO STAKES UP TO NL25.

I proclaim that I will grasp all the habits I need to secure this goal and I will face any challenges that may arise on the way to my goal.

I take this vision statement as a contract with myself and I hold myself accountable for fullfiling the mentioned goals.

Text above covers goals that I want to achieve. Of course, I´m miles away from reaching those.

MY STARTING POINT AND TOOLS:

140USD Bankroll on PokerStars
      HoldemManager 2, TableNinja, Poker Tracker 4

(Too bad I´m not signed up through PokerStrategy)

I will use the MSS strategy that I will try to focus on mass multitabling and fine tune to work as best as possible.

I will go with 50 Buy-Ins Bankroll management. In the future, I would like to consider topping the BRM up to 70 or even 100 as the limits will progress.

(BRM was edited from 35BIs)

MORE ABOUT ME:

Hi there!

I´m a normal, working person. I don´t have time to play as much as I would like so I decided to start slowly and then increase the goals as soon as I will grasp the habit. I like to challenge myself but sometimes I lack motivation. It is hard to find motivation but that is what I need to do to reach my goals.

I´m by no means an expert on the psychology. Everything I´m going to write is just my personal perception. However I hope that you guys will enjoy it nevertheless. I´m open to any constructive criticism as it helps me get better in what I´m trying to do and achieve. I don´t believe in talent because if somebody really wants something, he will always find the way.

Apart from poker I like Starcraft, Magic The Gathering and I totally dig music. I absolutelly love Drum and Bass, especially Liquid or Neurofunk. I´m also former DJ. I still love to play music on turntables but I no longer play anywhere. Only for my own enjoyment. I´m also a gamer and I like to play games. Lately I like playing Diablo 3 on Hardcore.

Oh yea and I´m also juggler:) Love 2 Diabolos. Tried YoYos (both looping and string), contact juggling, 3 balls.

Here are examples of my favourite tracks:)

Neurofunk (Total Darkness really) :

Liquid (a bit sad song, but very positive in its heart ):

By the way I love to drink soda with lemon during sessions:D
      (Yea important trait eh? ...)

CURRENT MAIN GOALS:

Reach NL10 on PokerStars.
      Reach 240 USD Bankroll (60BI for NL10)
      Maintain 2BB/100 profit on NL5 for at least 50k hands.
      Listen to the whole audiobook from Jared Tendler and MAKE NOTES!

HABITS I NEED TO GRASP:

:spade: Play given amount of hands every day. (Pending - Confidence:95%)

:spade: Post session graph and thoughts for every day I play. (Pending - Confidence:80%)

:spade: Post questionable hands from every session. (Pending - Confidence 75%)

:spade: Exercise every day according to 5BX chart. (Pending - Confidence:80%)

:spade: Incorporate warm-up before session using the notes that I gather to my poker notebook. (Pending - Confidence:40%)

:spade: Incorporate cooldown after my session, rating myself from 1-10 and noting important things to my poker notebook. (Pending - Confidence:40%)
      (Rating will be on the blog aslo)

:spade: Start working on poker at 6PM every day. 6:10 at MAX! (Pending - Confidence:40%)

:spade: Go swimming two days a week. (Confidence: 40%)

:spade: Post article about psychology of successs every week (In Queue)

:spade: Read slowly the whole "Mental Game of Poker" and take notes. (use audiobook and get hard copy ASAP)(Progress: 20%)

Change of the queue may happen whenever I feel like it same as with adding new items:)

Thank You for reading my blog.

If you like it, please consider following this thread, because there is A LOT more coming.

Any feedback - constructive critics, positive feedback or suggestions are HIGLY appreciated, welcome and I encourage you to actually POST IT!!
      This will help me get much needed readers perspective and I will be able to write more about topics you would like and in style you would like!

Yurao
  • 168 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hi Yurao and welcome to the blogs :D

you have a good attitude and some really solid goals. i also like the idea of posting about psychology so i will be following this blog! i said i would do that in mine but never did ?(

and wow silver status on stars at nl5 will take some dedication!

good luck :)

Lewis.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      welcome to the blog section indeed. i hope you succeed in your goals!
      you plan to write an article? interesting... let's see how that goes :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart:

POKER SQUARED BLOG POST: SESSION

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart:

Hey guys,

todays session was pretty hard for me. I wasn´t playing for a while and so my multitasking skills went somewhere....who knows where. (I guess I know actually but I don´t know if I can say it here:) ) The first half was something between boredom and sheer terror because I was not able to open more than 3 tables at a time. At first, I thought that this is just a way of NL10 welcoming me, but then I´ve noticed that my Table Ninja was ordered to kill anything above 3:D Soooooo....alright:)

Second part was better but my multitasking "un-skills" provided me with some harsh spots. Moreso considering the fact that I decided to start at NL10 where I´m not used to play.

Overally I encountered very tight tables but as the time progressed they became more or less loose. At first I went nearly 3,5 buy-ins to minus because my blue line hated me today:) I don´t have any special expectations over the red line, but I certainly plan to feed it a little bit. Not just sure how to it yet. I think I tried too many steals today and I was very uneffective in 3 betting.

I experienced just a minor tilt today, but that was not because of beats or anything but much more because I´m not used to this limit yet. This will clear till the end of week I expect.

Tommorrow I will post some hands to review section. I always do it the other day with clear mind and some fresh thinking without emotions.

Soo here is the graph:

edit: THANKS to Moderator DrDunne for helping me on the image upload.
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I thank both moderators for welcoming me and for wishing me luck.

Lewis: I actually play NL10 because I play MSS so my buy in is 4 USD.

Wendy: We will see soon enough:) Till Sunday I should release the first one:) Stay tuned and of course - I will be happy for any constructive criticism.

Sincerely,

Yurao
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      if you want to insert a graph, upload the image to a site like imageshack then there should be a forum code. copy this link and select the 'insert image' button while writing a post - the button is right next to the youtube one and under the font size drop down menu. paste the link into there and that should be it!
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Hi Guys!

Another session I played yesterday. I was not able to upload it bcause we were on a family visit and I played these hands pretty late at night.

Anyway, the graph doesn´t seem too possitive. Blue still hates me apparently. I´ve got a lot of AA, KK, QQ, AK yesterday so the money were just flippin back and forth. Sucked out a guy with KK against AAs on one table, immediatelly losing same way on the other:) Roller coaster poker.

For now, I don´t care if I lose or win because I don´t know where my leaks are yet. I´ll play at least 10-12k hands and then perform a small analysis as to where are the biggest problems. I´ll post this analysis in here also.

My feelings for now are that NL10 is hard for me. But I can´t know for sure until the first analysis. I´ll figure it out somehow in time:)

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

POKER SQUARED BLOG POST: RANDOM THOUGHTS :)

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Hi guys,

I think that I can possitivelly say, that Silver Status is 100% possible. 1400hands that I´ve planned for the start equals to approx 25 VPPs so maybe I will have to play one longer session at the end of the month so I will not lose it. Anyway, I really think that I can make it. I just have to get at least break even in my play.

I will take some directions after some more hands. Variation can be really bad. From what I see right now, I know I can perform waaay better. I´m pretty interested what will the statistics show after some hands. Then I will find some appropriate bandages for my leaks hopefully:)

Yurao
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AYuraoA

I will use the MSS strategy that I will try to focus on mass multitabling and fine tune to work as best as possible.

I will go with 35 Buy-Ins Bankroll management.

35BI BRM for MSS and as you say mass-multitabling (I assume you mean 24 tables) is waaay to small IMO. You will essentially have 2/3 of your whole bankroll on the tables at one time.

For mass-multitabling I'd go with atleast 100BI.
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey TiciBoy! :)

That is a good opinion because it is always good to be more safe. My perception of this is, that if I spin 20 Buy Ins on all the tables it doesn´t matter too much as long as I can open the tables and still have some roll in the cashier. If I can´t open those tables, it is a sign to go lower.

But I deffinitelly plan to get to a safer BRM on the higher limits. NL10 is just a start. On NL50 I would like to go with at least 50 BI and eventually go even more safer.

But that´s a long way to go ....

Anyway, thank you for your opinion. Any opinion is highly appreciated!!

Sincerely,

Yurao
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Hey there!

Well... I actually don´t know what to say about this session. When I review the hands, I feel that I just constantly got sucked out on lucky hits. I know, I know...EVERYONE feels like that when losing, but I´m honest with myself. I always judge my hands by the way I played them and even though there are of course spots where I´m not sure - most of them are actually plain and simple and then...they just don´t work. By the way guys, If you judge your hands by the fact if you got the money or not - STOP IT! NOW! I MEAN IT!!

The problem is not that I´m losing so much these days. The problem is that I don´t have enough data to properly analyze the situation. I can´t afford to lose money like this. Mostly because if I keep like this then I can already forget my Silver Status and NL10 and I will have to go down OR get some more money to poker.

OK - Tommorrow is the last session where I determine what to do. Either it will start to work out somehow or not. If not, I will get more money to my poker account to recharge AGAIN to 140. I will do it only THIS time and ONLY if I find out that most of my loses were´nt actually deserved. I will do a big analysis on this and if I find out that it is not true, I will recharge the acc, I will bite into it harder than ever and just SMASH through the downswing. Ooooh silly Pokerstars...you think I will give up my dreams so easily??? :D

Anyway...seeing the graph - I think I can make some fine money by building stairs? Whaddya say?? :) ))

P.S.: Guys - we all go through this. Especially us who want to get somewhere and it just won´t break. Don´t take your loses personally like ever. Its just a game. A pretty damn good game. Enjoy it and get better. Don´t stop for anything. Thats the difference between losers and winners...see...the winners never quit.

Yurao

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      - - - Posting error - - -
      Please delete
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Hey Yurao,

i will be keeping an eye on your blog as well and wish you all the best and thanks for the support
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze

POKER SQUARED BLOG POST: ARTICLE

Success and how it is measured

Success. This is the magic word that everyone wants to reach. But what exactly is success? What does it means to be successful? We will try to settle this in the following article.

We can try to define success very simply. Imagine a succesful person. Anybody. It can be your favorite poker player or perhaps some of your friends who you deem succesful. Got it? Okay. Now - think about this person. What makes him succesful in your eyes? Think about it for a while.
      Most common answers can be - he´s got money, fame and fortune. Another point of view could be - he is good in what he does (whatever it is).

But here is my point. Was that guy always so succesful? No he wasn´t. Even the best players in the world started somewhere. Nobody knew about them and it took them a lot of time to get where they are now.

All these people share one trait whoever they are. They were dedicated.
      And most importantly - they still are. (Except lucky guys who won the lottery:) )

This is a so called long term succes. And to be a successful poker player (you want to be a successful poker player right?) you have to start looking at poker from a different perspective. Simply put - you´ve got to dedicate yourself to it.

There is no problem in that right? Weeeeell....yes there is kind of. The problem is that many people think that they are already doing the most while they are actually only scratching the surface. And when the success doesn´t come they get frustrated. I don´t blame them. I went through that a lot of times in many aspects of my life and I believe that many of you readers also did. So here is an advice for you - be honest with yourself. Do this - look at everything you do to get better in poker and make a list of those things. If you find out that you only play - that is not enough. You´ve got to study and if you think that you already know everything you need to know (because what is there to know about so simple game huh? wink wink..), then you are already lost. The moment when you start to be confident that you don´t need to study - you just locked 50 story library of knowledge and thrown the key away. And you don´t even know it.

However I understand that being succesful takes lots of time and when it just won´t break, the frustration tells you that you are not worth it.
      Let me tell you straight - this is just plain wrong. You can do anything you want with some dedication. BUT this is also where the short term success comes into the play.

To achieve something big, you first need to achieve something small. You see - every chain is made from small rings that are chained one through another until the chain gets bigger and bigger.

Imagine this - you are striving to beat the NL50. You are losing 4BB/100 and there is nothing you can do to fix it. You feel horrible. Now look back. Remember the time when you finally moved from NL2 to NL5? When you reached the first cash bonus? How you learned to play 2 tables? Then 4 tables? Any of those things - weren´t that a success of its own? OF COURSE IT WAS!!! AND A BIG ONE!!!

Everyone who strives to be a successful player must take tiny steps on their way to the top. Not being on the top yet does not make you unsuccessful person. You are still a pretty big couple of people ahead. Don´t lose faith. Study, learn and get better.

Ok so what did I wanted to say by writing all this?

Many people does not understand that success comes at a price. And when they do, they get pulled down by their own pursuit of perfection.

I want you to think about yourself and your path to success. Set up smaller goals and achieve them much more easily. This will help you to stay in the game and when you look back, you will feel great. Really, there is nothing better than realizing you achieved something all by yourself. Also I encourage you to WRITE DOWN ALL THE GOALS. Long term, mid term, short term. Keep them challenging and ordered. BUT WRITE THEM DOWN. It is important. I cannot stress this out enough. Before, I was always like " meh, i keep it in my head. Why should i bother.".
      I will tell you why.

When you write it down (preferably on the paper) it will make you

1) THINK about your goals. This is important because we have many dreams but writing them down converts them to goal.

2) You will feel like you´ve just commited to them. If you want more commitment - sign it and get it somewhere where you will see it.

In the end - how are we going to measure the success? Well that depends entirely on the goals you set up. I will consider myself successful when i reach the goals in the Long term section on the first page. However I´m planing to reach this success by filling the well drop by drop of the weekly goals which will eventually bring me all the other stuff.

You should do the same. Slowly add to your pile of success and one day - you´ll wake up and the pile will be so big, that you will have to lean back your head to look at the top!!!

Good luck!

Soooo...Thank you all for reading, I hope you all enjoyed it and I also hope that I gave you some inspiration.

My articles are primarily focused to make you think about yourself and your path to your dreams.

Sincerely,

Yurao

P.S.: I´m not a native English speaker so anybody who would like to correct any typos - You are welcome to tell me:)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i measure "success" in an arbitrary scale of general awesomeness and happiness in life. :f_biggrin:

poker is funny in that it is quite similar to life in so many ways. you can work hard and still lose, or luckbox your way high.
      however sooner or later, if you keep playing, the expected values will materialize - that's where poker is better than life, life is not that fair :f_biggrin:
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      You are absolutely right in there!!! In poker, everything is logical, mathematic. It can be counted. In life....well:) You know the story:)
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze

Hi guys!!

I´m sorry I´m a bit backwards with my sessions posting but I kinda didn´t had time to do so. At least I was able to play them. Today, the tide finally changed for a little time. There was a negative thing in this also. I got money scared because the winnings started to add up quickly and for the late game I was too scared to actually play accordingly. I just don´t felt good. This is something to work on definitelly. But - look at my red. I´m not saying its totally reat, but normally it´s a shoot down airplane...no way for it to go up:) And I´m saying that even though I´m not counting those stairs in the middle. That was just variation.

Well....we´ll see what next session will bring.

Here is the graph.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze

POKER SQUARE BLOG POST : SESSION

Hey guys!!

This was another ++ session. I´m happy it is happening because if I would fall under 100USD bankroll - my alert bell would be ringing like hell. I really hope that I will be able to keep in some way like this. Eve if I stay break even - thats OK. I can live from Rakeback. I just want to be safe.

Anyway - the graph:

P.S.: Sorry for boring commentaries but I´m already tired and I will go sleep.:) I love to sleep:)

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Heya!

I will update more goals and stuff tommorrow. I´m starting to see how is the game going and I need to start adjusting. I will setup some goals for that.
      Also, I don´t have time to post enough hands! This is unacceptable. I need that to set up also.

Cya guys tommorrow!!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Glad to see you having a good session or two!

Looking forward to the bigger update of which you speak!

And yeah, making time to post, especially in the hand evaluation forums, is very important!