NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.62)
      BB ($16.16)
      UTG ($10.52)
      UTG+1 ($14.32)
      CO ($10.45)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, BB raises to $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.40, Hero calls $1.05

FLOP ($4.55) 6:diamond: A:heart: 6:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4.55) 6:diamond: A:heart: 6:club: 7:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1

RIVER ($7.55) 6:diamond: A:heart: 6:club: 7:diamond: 8:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $4, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $4

UTG+1 VPIP 95/ PFR 0/ AF 1.0 23hands, BB unknown
      1)Preflop- call 3bet IP?
      2)postflop- bet flop? turn, river?
  • 8 replies
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Personally I don't like to call 3bets in MWP, well AKs has certainly potential, but it puts you in a close spot.

Most depends on BB. If he is unkown, you can also think about 4bet/broking since UTG+1 doesn't represent strenght (probably has a PP or something like that) and just puts dead money in the pot. AKs is however stronger than the 3betting range of most players, so I would 4bet/broke in this situation.

I think that calling, even if in position, is pretty dangerous and I would avoid that.

As played, I would do the same
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dipsnis,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Fold it preflop, you wont play your hand profitable enough by just Calling this cause even if you hit your Ace or King you will never know if they are clean.

As played
      Postflop: I'd most likely just start betting the flop cause the UTG could easily have Ax hands, if he doesn't they wont pay much anyways being in a 3bet pot.

Best Regards.
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: Fold it preflop, you wont play your hand profitable enough by just Calling this cause even if you hit your Ace or King you will never know if they are clean.
      Fold preflop with AKs is too weak imho, both are random players, UTG+1 never has something like AA or KK but probably a lower PP, BB may have a strong hand, but there's dead money in the pot so I can't see how could I fold AKs here
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by 92Niko
      Originally posted by veriz
      Fold preflop with AKs is too weak imho, both are random players, UTG+1 never has something like AA or KK but probably a lower PP, BB may have a strong hand, but there's dead money in the pot so I can't see how could I fold AKs here
      Why would I talk about UTG here? UTG is just some standard fish who limp/calls like this. I was mainly talking about BB here and there is no way we going to play the hand profitable enough by calling like this.

Even if you hit your FD you wont be able to draw with it cause as you see the pot is already on the flop $4,55 and therefore might not even have implied odds. Nor the 3bet size ain't weak. So what's the purpose of the hand? How you going to extract value if you also may be vs strong range, would like to see your calculations. :)
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      No, I was wondering why not 4bet/broking such a powerful hand :)
      I think that broking preflop with AKs is std even if BB is unknown
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No, I was wondering why not 4bet/broking such a powerful hand :)
      I think that broking preflop with AKs is std even if BB is unknown
      Cause we don't know BB? Okay, lets say we go broke. What range do you think he goes broke vs you?
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      If we suppose that BB is a std player, we have to broke AKs since he is probably broking with something like QQ+ AKs (ok that's 7-handed so QQ can be excluded many times) and he may also be 3betting light so we have some FE on his range, but if he is a random player he can also overplay something like TT KK or AQ.

I'm not a FR player, but I think that in this situation I would broke :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If we suppose that BB is a std player, we have to broke AKs since he is probably broking with something like QQ+ AKs (ok that's 7-handed so QQ can be excluded many times) and he may also be 3betting light so we have some FE on his range, but if he is a random player he can also overplay something like TT KK or AQ.

I'm not a FR player, but I think that in this situation I would broke :)
      Well, vs QQ+,AK you can't really go broke profitable. :P Nor we can't assume that he is capable of 3betting light. Then why should we do that? We need ~46% equity at least to make it even break-even.

Vs your given range:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.90%  22.62%  19.28% { AsKs }
      UTG+1  58.10%  38.81%  19.28% { QQ+, AKs, AKo }

we don't get it. And obviously an opponent has to be super loose to go broke with TT/AQ.