[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Kk

• macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)
      saw flop|saw showdown

CO ($14.40)
      Button ($16.40)
      Hero ($22.95)
      BB ($11.85)
      UTG ($16.85)
      UTG+1 ($10.40)
      MP1 ($5.80)
      MP2 ($28.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) T, 4, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($8) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.5, Hero raises to $6.5, BB folds.

Final Pot: $11
      Main Pot: $11, returned to Hero.

Should I be re-raising the flop?
  • 6 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would reraise flop. It's too wet to just call.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i would reraise flop and go broke there
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      that's like the worst check/raise ever, what best hands to you expect to fold, and what worse hands to you expect to take value from ?
    • macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      Well I knew I was ahead from the way he played, particularly from what I had seen at the table he was clearly petrified of the ace 1/8th of pot bet so the decision came down to one thing with two flush draws out there, a possible gutshot. Could I afford to let him see the river for free? No so in that case I'm betting the pot is $8 the players has just $6 left im pushing him.

So to answer your question I expect either of the two flushes to fold, the gutshot chance to fold, the t to fold and any smaller pair to fold. Basicly all the hands that could very well river me. Value would come from any of those hands if he had a moment of madness.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by macydus2
      Well I knew I was ahead from the way he played, particularly from what I had seen at the table he was clearly petrified of the ace 1/8th of pot bet so the decision came down to one thing with two flush draws out there, a possible gutshot. Could I afford to let him see the river for free? No so in that case I'm betting the pot is $8 the players has just $6 left im pushing him.

So to answer your question I expect either of the two flushes to fold, the gutshot chance to fold, the t to fold and any smaller pair to fold. Basicly all the hands that could very well river me. Value would come from any of those hands if he had a moment of madness.
      scoop:
      poker is not about winning pots, it s about winning money. your arguments are completely flawed, I would advise you to learn stuff about EV.

making somebody fold because you're afraid he will river you is just plain non sense., he might be folding because you make it too expensive and he doesn't have odds to call. That's two very different things.
      If he had a fd and is scared of aces, he would check behind most of the times so your line is not good.
      Why on earth would you want smaller PP or a T to fold, they have 2 and 3 outs respectively ?
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I reraise the flop, too.