Sit N Go Small Tournaments

• irishlegend20
      irishlegend20
      Bronze
      I have started recently trying to play poker the proper way, I have been employing the tactics that are given in the lessons which you are given at the start on sign up. Although I am breaking even I am struggling kind of.

For e.g say in a 10 player Sit n Go you are down to the last 5 and the bb is 100 and you have a stack of 1200, You get 88 You are in late pos you raise 4 times the blind and then one more blind for another person involved, he re raises you all in, so you have now half your stack in the pot are you now Meant to fold this hand, the early phase I have no problem with even the middle phase, Its this final phase were I am struggling to know when to push or fold, If I have AQ with 8 BB left and Im on the button do I make a nice raise or do I go all In?

Any advice would be great btw I have to say Titan poker is great I have been keeping track of my bad beats and Good beats and I am almost breaking even after 2400 hands
  • 2 replies
    • gabsas
      gabsas
      Gold
      IMO your preflop raise sizing is very bad. You can't raise 4x+1bb/limp when the blinds are so high compared to effective stacks. This raise sizing is good only in first one or two levels. My raise sizing at PokerStars looks something like that:
      10/20 3-4x+1
      15/30 3x+1
      25/50 3x+1
      50/100 and higher 2-2.5x if there is any limpers, I have a playable hand(not monster) and my stack is around 15bb's or less, I am just pushing it and taking down those chips.
      Also if your stack size is less than 10bb's or even 12bb's you should almost always push or fold.
    • irishlegend20
      irishlegend20
      Bronze
      Thanks for the blind raises, They look really good and effective.