[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, JJ 3bet preflop vs calldown River

• newsat
      newsat
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $11.88 (118.8 bb)
      BTN: $12.26 (122.6 bb)
      BB: $3 (30 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      CO raises to $0.40, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.10) 8 4 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.70) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

River: ($9.70) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.10

CO VP 25/ PFR 24/ 3BET 9.5/ FAF2.0/1.0/2.0/ CBET FOLD 0.00/ 53Hand
      4ring
      CO has not folded to cbet, He bet or raised river to make his opponent fold a few times,
      So I bet 55% turn to make it certain.

How I should play ?
  • 2 replies
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Uhm , personally I don't like many things in this hand.
      First of all, stats are too few to be considered, you can however say that seems a cs.

You're size preflop is not good, I would 3bet something like 3,5x of his original raise since I'm going to play out of position, so I think that the correct size is about 1,30$ or 1,40$. Imho call preflop could be a good choice, but depends on the reads you have on your oppo.

On the flop you are cbetting 4value, the std size is 1/2 pot, but since the opponent is a cs so you can do a larger one and yours's ok.
      The turn is a sick card, you can think that he called the 3bet IP with something like random highcards, so AQ, KQ and since he doesn't fold to cbets they are still in his range almost certainly, but he can also have somenthing like 99 or TT or even worst, so while you bet again on the flop you're making him fold all his air and all his weak made hands and you're isolating against a pretty strong range, so I would have played c/c on the turn to make him bluff and then evaluate the river card and decide the best move.

As played, the 9 is not the best card, however I would c/f since he won't never bet with something worst than a queen, and in the same time I don't think he is going to bluff that much on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello newsat,

Preflop: 3bet sizing has to be bigger, way too small and giving away good odds.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you could have done on the river, I'd most likely just give it up there and Check/Fold it. We don't get value from worse nor I doubt that he will have a lot of bluffs in his range.

Best Regards.