[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, vs BB 3bet

• newsat
      newsat
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $24.82 (248.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.08 (100.8 bb)
      CO: $10.90 (109 bb)
      SB: $13.39 (133.9 bb)
      BTN: $10.02 (100.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A 7
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.40, BB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.85) T 8 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.85) A (2 players)
      BB bets $3.45, Hero calls $3.45

River: ($11.75) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.58 ???

BB ag reg. like 3bet BB.
      VP24 / PFR20 / 3BET 7.3 (11.0 on this table) / 4BET 14/
      FAF1.7 /2.3/3.2 CbetFold 21/ Hand 1100
      BBon 3BET 13.3 / 4Bet Range 3.8

I should have bet/shove flop ? He doesn't like folding.
      I thought pushing turn, but he seemed to called push only with better hands.
      I don't know how to do ....

If I called turn, I should have called push river unless 4 suit are on board ?
  • 3 replies
    • 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      He can't be a reg if he fkats 4bet with 100bb effective stacks :D

Imho 4betting light is a dangerous move, and I would do that only in certain spots. This could be one, his 3betting range is pretty wide (have you any infos about he folded any 4bet before?) However you're on MP so you're representing a pretty strong hand (4betting against a resteal is completely different), you have an Ax so it's a blocker for his comboes of AA and Ax and that's good. But in this spot I would just 4bet/fold (it's not weak) since I can't broke without a kicker. Light 4bet/broking makes sense iff you're 4betting him many times and he stop believing you so he just pushes randomly, but A7s has to little equity imho.
      So you can either fold or 4bet/fold.

Once he flats the 4bet... It's a problem: virtually the pot is so bigger that you are committed with most of your made hands and draw, here you have 1 overcard and "stupid-side" gutshot, so I would just c/f and take note of oppo's action.
      His range here is composed by something like 99-QQ or Ax with J-K as kicker, so even if you have the ace on the turn it's a close decision, maybe a coach could evaluate it better, I would just fold, his range is very strong wrt mine.

However calling makes no sense since you're committed!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      call vs 4bet could easily be a trap. doesn't make any sense to call oop otherwise

as played just close your eyes and call river. hope for KK QQ whatever...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello newsat,

Preflop: I doubt that the guy is going to 3bet light vs MP range here and nor the stats ain't very correct of 3bet cause it's not against late position. The stats are usually more towards late position. So I'd just fold it.

As played
      Postflop: No point to CB here anyways cause his 4bet-calling range is usually stronger and a lot of his range did hit here and is even ahead. And otherwise what do you think you beat vs his play there in 4bet pot where it's very likely that our Check behind range on the flop is a lot of Ax hands? :)

Best Regards.