BTN: $16.58
      Hero (SB): $7.86
      BB: $2.48
      UTG: $6.98
      MP: $6.17
      CO: $4.51

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 5:diamond: 5:club: T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $3.00, fold

Hero wins $3.40

If the villain had a 5 or an overpair he would call the flop bet and hope I give him more money on the turn. There is no reason whatsoever to try & push me out of the hand if he was ahead. Therefore he is bluffing & I reraise to pick up the pot.

Smart/Dumb? :P
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jehryn,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place? If you 3bet then at least do it bigger, especially you also being deep and OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, if you assume that then of course not much to comment, I would assume that he is rarely raising here JJ/QQ and nor having many 5x hands in his range.

Best Regards.
    • Jehryn
      Jehryn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jehryn,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place? If you 3bet then at least do it bigger, especially you also being deep and OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, if you assume that then of course not much to comment, I would assume that he is rarely raising here JJ/QQ and nor having many 5x hands in his range.

Best Regards.
      Regarding the preflop 3bet, villains very often raise from late position to steal the blinds since everyone is so weaktight on ZOOM, so I 3bet light to resteal. It works very well.

Would 3betting bigger accomplish more? Its just ATo OOP postflop so I don't know if I want to build a big pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jehryn
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jehryn,

As played

Best Regards.
      Regarding the preflop 3bet, villains very often raise from late position to steal the blinds since everyone is so weaktight on ZOOM, so I 3bet light to resteal. It works very well.

Would 3betting bigger accomplish more? Its just ATo OOP postflop so I don't know if I want to build a big pot?
      I would also 3bet it bigger with strong hands to get more value from him. Also you are giving pretty good odds to Call vs you and of course you also gain more fold equity with bigger 3bet.