I don't like william hill....

• jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      So today I got my free starting capital on william hill and for the last hour I've been playing full ring games band already lost 40% of my bankroll on 2 bad beats.

I've been playing great, at first I was up 30 BB , did nothing stupid, folded a trips to a flush etc...

...then I get KK in the big blind, the table folds around to the small blind who raises my blind, he tried this twice already and I took his money both times on the turn easily, this time though he is sitting with AA...naturally I call him and the board comes Q high with no draws, he raises me like normal, I go all-in then see the aces...20% of my bankroll gone, great :/

15 mins later I get dealt JJ, I raise in early position and get called by a guy in middle position with K9, I make trip jacks on the flop and he makes his kings, I bet, he raises, I go all-in, then obviously he hits a K on the river, 40% of my bankroll gone now...

I haven't made a mistake as long as I've been playing virtually, but 2 bad beats within my first hour of playing really...bankroll management can't even save me because it gets released in chunks so what am I supposed to do? :(
  • 22 replies
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      If you lost 40% of your bankroll in 2 hands, doesn't that mean you have a 5 buy-in bankroll?
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Yes, I got the $50 free capital this website gave me, but they only give 10$ at a time, I'm forced to play to meet the rake to unlock the rest but I'm having a horrible run of luck, I've just had a hand where some guy in mid position min raises, I re raise him with AJ, he calls, he is holding QJ, I have him completely dominated, on the flop we hit our jacks, but he hits 2 pair on the river, he checked though and I checked it down because the Q scared me so I didn't lose too much but still... it's so frustrating.
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Can someone tell me if 11 WH point's is enough to unlock the next $10? I'm on 8 so I'll have to get to 11 then wait until next week I guess.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi jaeden23,

It depends on which currency you are using. You get 22WHP for $1 rake in USD. It is different on other currencies.

Have you received your starting capital in USD?

You can always deposit $100 to bypass all the stages and release the whole $40 bonus too :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      never mind, sorry. staff got it. ^^
    • TheGuyFromCIA
      TheGuyFromCIA
      Bronze
      What does William Hill have to do with your inability to manage bankroll?
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi jaeden23,

It depends on which currency you are using. You get 22WHP for $1 rake in USD. It is different on other currencies.

Have you received your starting capital in USD?

You can always deposit $100 to bypass all the stages and release the whole $40 bonus too :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Hi,, yes it's been deposited in USD, I think it's 11 WH points as far as I worked out but I just wanted to double check. I wish I had the money to deposit but i haven't I'm afraid.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      11 WHP = on average .50c rake but with cash games rake it's not always that black and white. So therefore, I cannot give you a certain yes or no answer :(

Maybe if you play our daily freerolls at William Hill and cash in some before the week is out you can play some more and earn more rake to be on the safe side?

Worth a shot!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      ipoker is horrible network on micros. super high rake, bots, nits and few agro idiots.
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      11 WHP = on average .50c rake but with cash games rake it's not always that black and white. So therefore, I cannot give you a certain yes or no answer :(

Maybe if you play our daily freerolls at William Hill and cash in some before the week is out you can play some more and earn more rake to be on the safe side?

Worth a shot!

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Ah ok I'll keep a lookout for those, thanks :)
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      If its the same as 770 (which i think it is) the PS freeroll is good.

My bonus was released in small increments aswell, just had to half stack 4 tables per time to clear it..I think even if you just went on & lost your first bonus it still might rake you enough to receive the next (released every week on 770).

gl
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      I dont't like it too ! :f_biggrin:
      Loosed all my bankroll from PS free 50 at the slots on tilt, now deposited another 30 pounds and now only 10 left playin cc 1c/2c :f_cry: Maybe just bad beat or just hate the software and can't play my A-game... :f_confused:
      Best of luck at the tables,

yankomania :f_biggrin:
    • bullettooth1
      bullettooth1
      Bronze
      why dont you play sng's? im playing 5 $0.50+10 10player sng's to unlock my next $10 easy.

even if you dont cash in any (which is pretty hard not to do) and you dont play any other game in that week. you will have $17 when your next $10 goes in.

makes alot more sense to me than risking it on the very high variance micro cash tables.

Good luck
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bullettooth1
      why dont you play sng's? im playing 5 $0.50+10 10player sng's to unlock my next $10 easy.

even if you dont cash in any (which is pretty hard not to do) and you dont play any other game in that week. you will have $17 when your next $10 goes in.

makes alot more sense to me than risking it on the very high variance micro cash tables.

Good luck
      I'm trying 6 seater 10c buy-in's, I'm confident I should make some money from these and I got enough money for 60 buy ins before I go broke, thanks for the idea, I completely forgot about sit and go's :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Patience, study, bankroll management...need anyone say more? Sigh, please listen and don't go broke we hate that shit.

Regards,

Mal.
    • jaeden23
      jaeden23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Patience, study, bankroll management...need anyone say more? Sigh, please listen and don't go broke we hate that shit.

Regards,

Mal.
      I wasn't intending to go broke, 60 buy-ins is better than 3 on a cash game table, I was just saying I have a much better chance of keeping afloat in sit and go's. I'm treating the free money like I would my deposited money.
    • Zakumii
      Zakumii
      Bronze
      No offence OP but your complaining about getting bad beats in Poker. A game where a percentage of the time you WILL get bad beats. If you know you are going to get bad beats why come here and complain about it, and the site it happened on?

I'm just sick of seeing these threads pop up over here. You haven't studied the game enough if it is effecting you losing TWO hands. I play on Pokerstars and at the moment I'm running EIGHT buy in's below EV, having a horrible run of cards but that's what happens. You get on with it and keep improving your game.

I don't see why you can't deposit your own money although to be fair if your getting tilted losing 2 hands then I wouldn't recommend putting your own money in, at least sort your mental game out first and do some more studying.

kthxbai :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    • bullettooth1
      bullettooth1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jaeden23
      Originally posted by bullettooth1

Good luck
      I'm trying 6 seater 10c buy-in's, I'm confident I should make some money from these and I got enough money for 60 buy ins before I go broke, thanks for the idea, I completely forgot about sit and go's :)
      hey no problem. hope it goes well for you. good luck.
    • vytas3d
      vytas3d
      Bronze
      I am running pretty well so far.. Its 4th increment of 10$ released. Now have 58$ and other 2 times I raised to ~50 but lost. Now concentrating to play on NL4 6max 2 tables and have to forgot multitabling. The thing which I mostly don't like there is that I can't review the hand I played. On pokerstars I can see player mucked hand, there not.. Replay don't work.