holdem manager 2 or not???

• mrmotivator
      mrmotivator
      Bronze
      im about to invest in some poker software and im leaning towards holdem
      manager 2,ive never used it before but its looks the part
      is it worth the money?
      i previously had poker office on my laptop but it kept crashing when the stats built up,is holdem manager the same?
      will it run smoothly on a laptop?
      are there any other poker tracker/software that anyone would recommend?
      can someone please fill me in before i buy?

thanks
  • 15 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      why not download and play with the trial version first?

i tried both HM2 and PT3. I have a Pentium D 3.2GHz with 2 GB of RAM - and HM2 ran a little bit slower (there was more waiting involved to load everything up, and CPU was totally used up with HM2) than the PT3.

if you have a better laptop than my desktop, just go with the one you like better. :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The only real way to tell is like MMPokerNab said:
      Try them both out.

I have a 7yr old desktop, and it hands HM2 easily.

I suggest that you try HM2 last.
      The reason for that is that it has a much shorter trial period.
      If you do it first, by the time the PT3 (or 4?) trial is over you will have forgotten HM2
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I have been using HM2 for about 3 months.(I think)
      I use it on a 10" NETBOOK, 2GB RAM, Intel ATOM processor.
      So any laptop of these specs or above would probably be OK.
      I increased the RAM from 1GB to 2GB just before I downloaded HM2, because HM2 suggested 2GB RAM or above.
      RAM upgrade cost only $20 installed...woop woop
      I like HM2, but have ZERO experience with any other software.(except ELEPHANT).
      Shame you didn't take the sweet offer Pokerstrategy had when ELEPHANT was put to sleep.It was good value I thought.
      Peace
      Simon
    • mrmotivator
      mrmotivator
      Bronze
      cheers folks for helpful advice ;)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Obvs HEM 2 is better than PT3, because HEM2 is more modern and thus has more features and filters. Although PT4 is to be release sometime soonish. So you can either wait for PT4 to be officially release or the alternative will probs be to buy HEM 2. I'm using PT3 atm, i would like an upgrade and if PT4 isn't release by the end of summer i'll likely just get HEM2.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      2 questions,

does HM2 do zoom yet?

does either have a funcion to automatically put a date and/or the limit playing your player notes?
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      My hm2 has gotten bad a few times and needed reinstalls. Uses 700mb ram for me. Have your database updated all times and don't installs updates as long as it's working. What I've seen it handles zoom, but have also heard about a lot of problems with that one.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      HEM2 and PT4 are both identical for like 90% of the players, all those players do is just look at their stats, look at their graph, they need HUD and a way to replay their hands and that's pretty much it. Both programs do that great. If you wanna go more advanced then you just have to dive in and test both programs to the fullest, because most features many players don't even know exist so how can they make a decision, don't choose because some fanboy said one is better than the other, also people are stupid that they don't know how something works and they will just yell it's broken and shit. HEM2 has 30 day trial, PT4 now is in beta(it is beta, but it runs great) and it should be released in upcoming months so until then you can use it for free.

Yes, both do Zoom. About note tracking, I know HEM2 has Note caddy, it has some built in features, but you can also buy it, not sure how they work, haven't tested them, PT4 has Note Tracker which takes automatic notes similar to Note caddy. Not sure about those notes because I haven't really messed around with them.

There are a few Youtube videos that go over both programs, by watching those you can find out about features you might not find when using the program.
      Here is one about PT4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx64OVu_9eI
      and about HEM2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQkBGy02eYI

If you don't want to watch those long videos then there are shorter ones that show just the available features.
    • mrmotivator
      mrmotivator
      Bronze
      thanks man il check out them videos,im getting 30 day trial first anyways
    • RuLeR1988
      RuLeR1988
      Bronze
      hey....if u decide to buy HM2 i have a HM2 Pro Version license for 2 computers

[Edited by HollyMichelle]
    • mrmotivator
      mrmotivator
      Bronze
      haha u wouldnt be a poker player if u didnt have trust issues ruler!! :D :D
      u must not be too happy with it if u wanna sell it?
    • RuLeR1988
      RuLeR1988
      Bronze
      honestly i didnt tried it yet...bought it and after a few days i decided to quit poker because i had some health issues which came from endless tilting sessions...

and u are right about having trust issues :D ...every poker player has them :P
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RuLeR1988
      i had some health issues which came from endless tilting sessions...:P
      Can you elaborate on this?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Please note that the buying and selling of any items is NOT allowed on our public forum.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      And license sharing is not allowed. One license is valid for 2 computers which belong to one user.