[NL20-NL50] NL25 - std?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain is sollid/reggy but to the LAGger side.
      275 hands 31/23. 59% fold to 3bet -> back then 67%.
      21 wtsd
      67%foldto3bet total - 37% open CO
      60 foldtocbet
      0/8 raise cbet.
      4.2 AF

I think I can call the flop? He doesn't rep a lot, only AQ maybe so I can take the pot with a turnbet (after a check) a lot of the times. (?).
      So I called the flop.

My plan was to shove the turn if he checked to me.

nh/std? And good plan?
      Should we bluffcatch with Qx? Cause he does rep some draws??

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1808900
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $26.45
      Hero (BTN): $26.67
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $37.95
      UTG: $20.34

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :spade: 8 :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) 2 :heart: 2 :spade: Q :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.75, CO raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($18.35) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $17.45 all in, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Would be marginal with Qx cause we just beat pure bluff and I would say that we can't even exclude KK/AA from his range which sometimes may play this way. Especially if you had a wide 3betting range. Right now seeing this hand I assume it's true. So yeah, you are putting yourself into trouble when 3betting those dominated hands vs such a guy.

Which brings us towards to the case that you have to be sure that the guy is capable of bluffing to Call down the bluff-catch but while you pointed out few stats which are totally talking against it as raise CB and maybe the same is for Check/Raise. So from what would you assume that he has a bluffing range here? Cause of the board? Yes, he isn't raising always Qx hands for value but neither we can't exclude all of them.

This is usually a standard spot how to catch a 3betting reg with some overpairs, let them hit some overcard and they are willing to go crazy with it, even if you have Q8 or whatsoever.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I agree with everything exept

you are putting yourself into trouble when 3betting those dominated hands vs such a guy.

So why is 3betting with dominated hands bad? It's always the case when you 3bet as bluff. 3betting for example ATs would also be isolating vs better Ax. It's just about preflop and playing in position if called... That's good enough to be +ev isn't it? Offcourse stacking off or calling a ch/r with this hand on Jxx would be bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I agree with everything exept

you are putting yourself into trouble when 3betting those dominated hands vs such a guy.

So why is 3betting with dominated hands bad? It's always the case when you 3bet as bluff. 3betting for example ATs would also be isolating vs better Ax. It's just about preflop and playing in position if called... That's good enough to be +ev isn't it? Offcourse stacking off or calling a ch/r with this hand on Jxx would be bad.
      If I would be talking about this specific spot then I would have mentioned, I didn't talk about 3betting is bad here. ;)