[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - tight fold...

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain is the same one as in the hand before, 31/23 (maybe not back then). 4AF. Raise cbet 0/8.
      This hand happened before the J8spades btw.

Had another table were I 3bet him too at the same time. He was also UTG and he called the 3bet too but folded to a cbet on dry board.
      I thought he was fair in 3bet pots, also because he had 0/8 raise cbet.

This is just bluff or nuts and how can I think he bluffs? My range is very strong and he seemed pretty honest.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1808908
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $34.97
      Hero (MP): $25.00
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $37.45
      SB: $12.38
      BB: $20.34

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with Q :spade: Q :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) 6 :club: J :spade: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.75, UTG raises to $7.25, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      Hmm I'm wondering why you are 3betting in this spot. Unless if the players on your right are verry stationite callhappy, I think a call is fine here.
      First you only isolate yourself against strong hands with a 3bet, since you are 3betting a utg open. If he 4bets you find yourself in a fml spot, since you will never go broke with the ev advantage.
      Second, some players will be squeeze happy in these type of situations. There is a considerable chance on of the players on your right will squeeze. You can see how the utg player will respond. If he 5bets you have an easy fold. If he folds you have a easy shove, since the squeeze ranges are quite wide.

As played I check behind on this flop. You don't really have to protect in this spot. By betting here you will isolate yourself once again against better hands. He will fold his 99-TT type hands, Ak aswell and he will give action with the range that is beating you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

I agree with Sjors777 here, pretty well point out, I would most likely pick the similar play-style to his. Although I don't mind CBetting the flop cause we might still protect from overcards as Ace/King and could get value from TT/JJ.

After we get raised it becomes really complicated cause I see us beating just the bluff here, while we haven't seen him doing that earlier might even be safer to just leave the pot alone. Don't see him raising with Jx, just something like A:sK.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Tnx both!!! :D