Basic Omaha HUD

• karlosibz
      karlosibz
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I've been playing Omaha for like 2 weeks now using a simple HUD VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD.

I've used advanced stats before playing FL.

What useful stats could I add to my HUD?

Hope you can help me a bit :) Thanks.

Also, what kind of values are the normal for VPIP/PFR and WTSD? I'm playing with so many fishes and is difficult to look for a standard value.
  • 3 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there,

this is a great article for basic HUD set up + understanding the stats (to be honest, the whole article series are great for beginning PLO).

I hope that linking to an external website is ok in this case, it is meant only for educational purposes and not affiliation or anything else. If it's not ok, feel free to remove my link. You can then search the article series "PLO from scratch" and find the article 7.

I personally use flop, turn and river c-bet + flop, turn and river fold to c-bet as well, but i'm not sure if those are really necessary for playing on micros.

-SF
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      There are no "normal" values for vpip/pfr. Some guys make money with 8/5/0 stats, some guys make money with 45/35/15 stats.

What comes to HUD, my advice is to have vpip/pfr/3bet. Maybe flop cbet and fold to flop cbet. And then when you need something, add it. That way you will build the HUD to work for your needs. It all depends on your playing style, how you see poker and what are your key methods to make money.

If you just copy someone else's HUD or splash a lot of stats, you will have a complex HUD that has a lot of useless stats for you.

It always amazes me that even high stakes players can say in their videos "Umm, I am not sure what this stat is...". Tells me that they don't need that stat very often. So it's totally useless in the HUD.
    • karlosibz
      karlosibz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      There are no "normal" values for vpip/pfr. Some guys make money with 8/5/0 stats, some guys make money with 45/35/15 stats.

What comes to HUD, my advice is to have vpip/pfr/3bet. Maybe flop cbet and fold to flop cbet. And then when you need something, add it. That way you will build the HUD to work for your needs. It all depends on your playing style, how you see poker and what are your key methods to make money.

If you just copy someone else's HUD or splash a lot of stats, you will have a complex HUD that has a lot of useless stats for you.

It always amazes me that even high stakes players can say in their videos "Umm, I am not sure what this stat is...". Tells me that they don't need that stat very often. So it's totally useless in the HUD.
      I totally agree, thanks both for your answers.